Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Orson Welles|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Hadley Cantril; Howard Koch; Hazel Gaudet; Herta Herzog; H G Wells
|Notes:||Script of the broadcast by Howard Koch. Based on "War of the worlds" by H.G. Wells.|
|Description:||xv, 228 pages including tables, diagrams 23 cm|
|Contents:||"Incredible as it may seem": the broadcast (script by Howard Koch) --
"It was something terrible": the nature and extent of the panic --
"It didn't sound like a play": how the stimulus was experienced --
"We'd better do something": description of reactions --
"I figured": critical ability --
"I'm so worried": conditions inhibiting critical ability --
"Being in a troublesome world": the historical setting --
"My background": the individual case --
"Jitters have come to roost": why the panic?
|Responsibility:||With the complete script of the famous Orson Welles broadcast. By Hadley Cantril, with the assistance of Hazel Gaudet & Herta Herzog.|
- Welles, Orson, -- 1915-1985.
- Science fiction plays -- History and criticism.
- Radio broadcasting -- Psychological aspects.
- Radio programs -- Psychological aspects.
- Koch, Howard -- Invasion from Mars
- Radio broadcasting -- Psychological aspects
- Radio programs -- Psychological aspects
- Science fiction plays -- History and criticism
- Welles, Orson
- Welles, Orson -- 1915-