Invisible children in the society and its schools.
Mahwah, N.J. : Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 1998
|描述：||xxxii, 214 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.|
|内容：||I. Young and invisible. Homeless children and families : the discards of the postmodern 1990s / Valerie Polakow --
Living with violence : white working-class girls and women talk / Lois Weis and Julia Marusza --
The crisis within the crisis : the growing epidemic of AIDS orphans / Shelley Geballe and Janice Gruendel --
Immigrant children : art as a second language / Cristina Igoa --
Urban Appalachian children : an "invisible minority" in city schools / Kathleen Bennett deMarrais --
Traditional stories of female students in an alternative school / Linda Steet --
"Before their time" : social age, sexuality, and school-aged mothers / Nancy Lesko --
Heterosexism, homophobia, and the culture of schooling / Richard A. Friend. II. The broader context of invisibility. Where have all the children gone? : the transformation of children into dollars in Public law 104-193 / Barbara Finkelstein, Reem Mourad, and Elyssa Doner --
Speaking of and against youth / Sue Books.
|丛书名：||Sociocultural, political, and historical studies in education.|
|责任：||edited by Sue Books.|
- Children with social disabilities -- United States.
- Children with social disabilities -- Education -- United States.
- Teenagers with social disabilities -- United States.
- Teenagers with social disabilities -- Education -- United States.
- Educational sociology -- United States.
- Marginality, Social -- United States.
- Children with social disabilities.
- Children with social disabilities -- Education.
- Educational sociology.
- Marginality, Social.
- Teenagers with social disabilities.
- Teenagers with social disabilities -- Education.
- United States.