Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
New York : Vintage International, 1995
|Material Type:||Fiction, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||0679732764 9780679732761 9780808554127 0808554123|
|Notes:||Originally published: 1st ed. New York : Random House, 1952.|
|Target Audience:||Young Adult.|
|Description:||xxiii, 581 pages ; 21 cm|
|Contents:||In the course of his wanderings from a Southern Negro college to New York's Harlem, an American black man becomes involved in a series of adventures. Introduction explains circumstances under which the book was written. Ellison won the National Book Award for this searing record of a black man's journey through contemporary America. Unquestionably, Ellison's book is a work of extraordinary intensity --
powerfully imagined and written with a savage, wryly humorous gusto.
- African American men -- Fiction.
- Literature, Modern.
- African Continental Ancestry Group.
- Race Relations.
- United States.
- Race relations -- United States.
- African Americans -- United States.
- Literature, Modern -- United States.
- African American men.
- African American men -- Fiction
User lists with this item (37)
- Books on Race (toward an understanding of racial division and bias)(27 items)
by dordtlibrary updated about 2 weeks ago
- Banned Books(67 items)
by citruslibrary updated about 3 weeks ago
- Charleston Syllabus (AAIHS) AFRICAN AMERICAN LITERATURE(37 items)
by Christt updated 2016-11-24
- Things to Check Out(53 items)
by emunyene updated 2016-10-16
- to read(11 items)
by samanthamorrison updated 2016-10-09