Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Document Type:||Sound Recording|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Edgard Varèse; Rachel Yakar; Lawrence M Beauregard; Pierre Boulez; New York Philharmonic.; Ensemble intercontemporain.
|Language Note:||The 4th work sung in French.|
|Notes:||Sony Classical: SK 45844 (on container: SMK 45844).
The 1st work for 13 percussionists; the 2nd and 5th works for orchestra; the 3rd work for solo flute; the 4th work for soprano and chamber orchestra, sung in French; the 6th work for flute, clarinet, oboe, bassoon, horn, trumpet, trombone, double bass; the 7th work for 11 wind instruments and percussion.
Previously released material: p1977 (1st, 2nd, and 5th works); p1984 (3rd, 4th, 6th, and 7th works).
The 1st, 2nd, and 5th works are analog recordings.
Durations: 5:56; 24:11; 4:10; 6:34; 18:41; 6:37; 10:35.
Program notes in English, French, and German, and text of the 4th work, with English and German translations (24 p.)--in container.
|Performer(s):||Rachel Yakar, soprano (4th work) ; Lawrence Beauregard, flute (3rd work) ; members of the New York Philharmonic (1st work) ; New York Philharmonic (2nd and 5th works) ; Ensemble InterContemporain (4th, 6th, and 7th works) ; Pierre Boulez, conductor.|
|Description:||1 audio disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.|
Density 21.5 --
- Percussion ensembles.
- Orchestral music.
- Flute music.
- Songs (High voice) with chamber orchestra.
- Octets (Bassoon, clarinet, flute, horn, oboe, trombone, trumpet, double bass)
- Instrumental ensembles.
User lists with this item (5)
- Varese Recs Octandre - UMWO: Rare and Special Type(10 items)
- Varese Rec Density - UMWO: Rare and Special Type(8 items)
- Varese Recs Integrales - UMWO: Rare and Special Type(12 items)
- Varese - Perc. Ens. Spring 11(22 items)
by pal-previews2010-11 updated 2011-05-05
- Varèse - UMSO Farewell and Fanfare/UMWO Schuller, Enesco, & Varèse(8 items)
by pal-previews updated 2009-10-29