Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Richard Logan Fox; Jennifer M Ramos
|ISBN:||9781107015951 1107015952 9781107667655 1107667658|
|Description:||xviii, 303 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.|
|Contents:||Introduction: politics in the new media era / Richard L. Fox and Jennifer M. Ramos --
Section I. The Shifting Media Universe and News Consumers: 1. More sources, better informed public? new media and political knowledge / Zoe M. Oxley; 2. Rethinking television's relationship to politics in the post-network era / Jeffrey Jones; 3. Interplay: political blogging and journalism / Richard Davis --
Section II. Campaigns and Elections in the New Media Environment: 4. YouTube and TV advertising campaigns: Obama versus McCain in 2008 / Anne Crigler, Marion Just, Lauren Hume, Jesse Mills, and Parker Hevron; 5. The rise of web campaigning in Finland / Tom Carlson and Kim Strandberg; 6. E-campaigns in Old Europe: observations from Germany, Austria, and Switzerland / Urs Gasser and Jan Gerlach --
Section III. Civic Mobilization and Governance in the New Information Age: 7. Preaching to the choir or converting the flock: presidential communication strategies in the age of three medias / Matthew A. Baum; 8. Twitter and Facebook: new ways for members of Congress to send the same old messages? / Jennifer L. Lawless; 9. The dog that didn't bark: Obama, Netroots Progressives, and healthcare reform / Matthew R. Kerbel; 10. New media and political change: lessons from internet users in Jordan, Egypt, and Kuwait / Deborah L. Wheeler and Lauren Mintz.
|Responsibility:||[edited by] Richard L. Fox, Jennifer M. Ramos.|
'A lively collection of essays exploring digital media and politics in the United States as well as comparatively. iPolitics covers a wide range of crucial topics, from political knowledge and
- Political participation -- Technological innovations -- United States.
- Communication in politics -- Technological innovations -- United States.
- Internet in political campaigns -- United States.
- Internet -- Political aspects -- United States.
- Mass media -- Political aspects -- United States.
- Internet in public administration -- United States.
- POLITICAL SCIENCE -- Government -- General.
User lists with this item (5)
- Political Science FY13(57 items)
by lterveer01 updated 2013-07-18
- bpol FY13(57 items)
by kimsalzer updated 2013-07-18
- Political Communications(18 items)
by allenoverland updated 2012-03-06
- January 2012 New Communication-Related Books(31 items)
by jalbano updated 2012-02-23
- Things I Recommend(29 items)
by traciekinghorn updated 2011-09-23