Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Translations into English
|Material Type:||Government publication, State or province government publication|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
H Mark Lai; Genny Lim; Judy Yung
|Notes:||English and Chinese, with additional bibliography in Chinese.
Cover title also in Chinese: Ai lun shi ji.
Reprint. Originally published: San Francisco : HOC DOI, 1980.
|Description:||174 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm|
|Contents:||IntroductionTranslators' NoteThe VoyagePoems 1-11Oral HistoriesThe DetainmentPoems 12-33Oral HistoriesThe Weak Shall ConquerPoems 34-46Oral HistoriesDeportees, TransientsPoems 57-69Oral HistoriesImprisonment in the Wooden BuildingAppendix: Poems 1-66Sources of PoemsSources of PhotographsEnglish BibliographyChinese Bibliography|
|Other Titles:||Ai lun shi ji.|
|Responsibility:||Him Mark Lai, Genny Lim, Judy Yung.|
To augment the translations of the poems the authors have interviewed older Chinese who once passed through Angel Island and immigration workers as well, and have set their recollections down
- Chinese poetry -- United States -- Translations into English.
- Chinese poetry -- 20th century -- Translations into English.
- Immigrants' writings, Chinese.
- Chinese -- United States -- History.
- Immigrants -- United States -- History.
- United States -- Emigration and immigration -- History.
- Chinese poetry.
- Emigration and immigration.
- United States.