Translations into English
H Mark Lai; Genny Lim; Judy Yung
|注意：||English and Chinese, with additional bibliography in Chinese.
Cover title also in Chinese: Ai lun shi ji.
Reprint. Originally published: San Francisco : HOC DOI, 1980.
|描述：||174 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.|
|其他题名：||Ai lun shi ji.|
|责任：||Him Mark Lai, Genny Lim, Judy Yung.|
Angel Island, in San Francisco Bay, was the entry, internment center, and often closest approach to the US for Chinese immigrants in the early 20th century. Here are the thoughts they carved and inkbrushed on their barrack's walls, discovered after the center closed in 1940. Facing pages of Chinese and English. No index.
- Chinese poetry -- United States -- Translations into English.
- Chinese poetry -- 20th century -- Translations into English.
- Immigrants' writings, Chinese.
- Chinese -- United States -- History.
- Immigrants -- United States -- History.
- United States -- Emigration and immigration -- History.
- Chinese poetry.
- Emigration and immigration.
- United States.