Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Video recordings for the hearing impaired
|Named Person:||J Edgar Hoover|
|Document Type:||Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Leonardo DiCaprio; Naomi Watts; Armie Hammer; Josh Lucas; Judi Dench; Deborah Hopper; Joel Cox; Gary D Roach; James J Murakami; Tom Stern; Warner Bros. Pictures (1969- ),; Imagine Entertainment (Firm),; Malpaso (Company),; Warner Bros. Entertainment,; Warner Home Video (Firm),
|Language Note:||In English with optional dubbed French dialogue; optional English, French, or Spanish subtitles; closed-captioned.|
|Notes:||Originally released as a motion picture in 2011.
Special feature: Featurette "J. Edgar: A complicated man" (13 min.); Previews (10 min.).
|Credits:||Costumes designed by Deborah Hopper ; edited by Joel Cox, Gary D. Roach ; production design by James J. Murakami ; director of photography, Tom Stern.|
|Cast:||Leonardo DiCaprio, Naomi Watts, Armie Hammer, Josh Lucas, Judi Dench.|
|Target Audience:||MPAA rating: R; for brief strong language.|
|Description:||1 videodisc (137 mins.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.|
|Details:||DVD; widescreen presentation; region 1; Dolby Digital 5.1.|
|Responsibility:||Warner Bros. Pictures presents ; an Imagine Entertainment production ; a Malpaso production ; written by Dustin Lance Black ; produced by Brian Grazer, Robert Lorenz ; produced and directed by Clint Eastwood.|
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
J. Edgar - A Look at the 1930s
First off, I know little or nothing about the life of J. Edgar Hoover, important reformer of the F.B.I. So I have no idea if there are any inconsistencies in the film about the man. Regardless, though, I do know a little bit about the 1920s and 1930s and some of the major events....
- Was this review helpful to you?
- Hoover, J. Edgar -- (John Edgar), -- 1895-1972 -- Drama.
- United States. -- Federal Bureau of Investigation -- Biography -- Drama.
- Abuse of administrative power -- United States -- 20th century -- Drama.
- Political crimes and offenses -- Investigation -- United States -- History -- 20th century -- Drama.
- Political persecution -- United States -- History -- 20th century -- Drama.
- Domestic intelligence -- United States -- History -- 20th century -- Drama.
- Criminal investigation -- United States -- History -- 20th century -- Drama.
- Closeted gays -- Conduct of life -- Drama.
- Mothers and sons -- Drama.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century -- Drama.