Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||J Winston Coleman; Joel T Hart; James Lane Allen; Henry Clay; Otto Arthur Rothert; John Hunt Morgan; Cassius Marcellus Clay; Jesse Stuart; William ("King") Solomon; Belle Brezing; Rebecca G Bruce; Payne family.; Sutton family.; Harp Brothers.|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
J Winston Coleman
|Reproduction Notes:||Microfilm. Lexington, Ky. : Microfilm Center, M.I. King Library, University of Kentucky, 1984.|
|Description:||6 Reels of microfilm.|
Most of the contents are related to Coleman and his works. Items of personal interest including family histories of the Payne and Sutton families and papers from Coleman's grandfather concerning his businesses of rope making and logging manufacturing are present. Documents on church histories, historic buildings and funerals are among the papers as well as eulogies and slave related materials. Several documents relate to John Hunt Morgan including legal cases and his marriage to Rebecca G. Bruce in 1848.
References to Joel T. Hart, Henry Clay letters and documents, articles about William (King) Solomon, material on the Harp Brothers, letters from Jesse Stuart, Hatfield-McCoy feud items, references to the Beachamp-Sharp duel and Belle Brezing articles are some of the documents incorporated into Coleman's scrapbooks. Also included are articles about Man O' War, references to "The Book Thieves" (a literary club of which Coleman was a member), articles about Otto A. Rothert and many photographs of historic Kentucky, Lexington landmarks as well as famous personalities and dignitaries.
- Coleman, J. Winston -- (John Winston), -- 1898-1983.
- Hart, Joel T. -- (Joel Tanner), -- 1810-1877.
- Allen, James Lane, -- 1849-1925.
- Clay, Henry, -- 1777-1852.
- Rothert, Otto Arthur, -- 1871-1956.
- Morgan, John Hunt, -- 1825-1864.
- Clay, Cassius Marcellus, -- 1810-1903.
- Stuart, Jesse, -- 1906-
- Solomon, William ("King"), -- 1775-1854.
- Brezing, Belle, -- 1860-1940.
- Bruce, Rebecca G., -- d. 1861.
- Payne family.
- Sutton family.
- Harp Brothers.
- Man o' War (Race horse)
- Book Thieves (Lexington, Ky.)
- Hatfield-McCoy Feud.
- Beachamp-Sharp duel.
- Logging -- Kentucky -- Lexington.
- Forests and forestry -- Kentucky -- Lexington.
- Rope trade -- Kentucky -- Lexington.
- Slavery -- Kentucky -- Lexington.
- Funeral rites and ceremonies -- Kentucky -- Lexington.
- Funeral service.
- Church history.
- Historic buildings -- Kentucky -- Lexington.
- Race horses.