|提及的人：||John Beecher; Stokely Carmichael; Clifford J Durr; Virginia Foster Durr; Charles G Gomillion; Lester Hankerson; Myles Horton; Edgar Daniel Nixon; Jack Rabin; Ralph Abernathy; Martin Luther King, Jr.|
|注意：||Title taken from screen (viewed Feb. 11, 2008)|
|详述：||Mode of access: World Wide Web|
The Jack Rabin Collection on Alabama Civil Rights and Southern Activists is a compact but highly complex, multi-layered compilation of documents, sound recordings, and visual images. Some of its components, including copies of records of the Montgomery Improvement Association (MIA) and many hours of oral history of the renowned civil liberties lawyer Clifford Durr, complement major holdings in other American archives. Other components of the Rabin Collection are unique. These include an undated filmed interview of Stokely Carmichael (later known as Kwame Ture) in Montgomery; 450 black-and-white photographs created by the Subversive Unit of the Investigative and Identification Division of the Alabama Department of Public Safety in the course of sit-ins, demonstrations, and marches in several Alabama cities during the early to mid-1960s; and surveillance tapes preserving speeches made variously at an anniversary meeting of the MIA in 1963, at the conclusion of the Selma-to-Montgomery March in 1965, and in Bessemer and Birmingham, Alabama, in the course of the Poor People's Campaign of 1968. Martin Luther King and Ralph Abernathy are among many leading lights of the civil rights movement heard on these tapes.
- Beecher, John, -- 1904-1980.
- Carmichael, Stokely, -- 1941-1998.
- Durr, Clifford J. -- (Clifford Judkins), -- 1897-1983.
- Durr, Virginia Foster.
- Gomillion, Charles G. -- (Charles Goode), -- 1900-1995.
- Hankerson, Lester.
- Horton, Myles, -- 1905-1990.
- Nixon, Edgar Daniel.
- Rabin, Jack, -- 1945-
- Abernathy, Ralph, -- 1926-1990.
- King, Martin Luther, -- Jr., -- 1929-1968.
- Alabama. -- Department of Public Safety. -- Investigative and Identification Division. -- Subsersive Unit.
- Montgomery Improvement Association.
- National Socialist White People's Party.
- African American churches -- Pictorial works.
- African American civil rights workers.
- African American intellectuals -- 20th century.
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- History -- 20th century.
- African Americans -- Economic conditions -- 20th century.
- African Americans -- Social conditions -- To 1964.
- African Americans -- Social conditions -- 1964-1975.
- African Americans -- Southern States.
- Civil rights demonstrations -- Southern States.
- Civil rights demonstrations -- United States.
- Civil rights movements -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Civil rights workers -- United States.
- Social justice -- United States.
- Women civil rights workers -- Southern States.
- Lawyers -- Southern States.
- Lawyers -- United States.
- Poor People's Campaign.
- Gadsden (Ala.)
- Huntsville (Ala.)
- Montgomery (Ala.)
- Selma (Ala.)
- Southern States -- Race relations.
- Southern States -- Social conditions -- 1945-
- United States -- Race relations.