Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Ralph Abernathy; Ivan Allen; Alben William Barkley; David Brinkley; M Scott Carpenter; Harry Evans; Henry Woodfin Grady; Marvin Griffin; Paul J Hallinan; William Berry Hartsfield; Chet Huntley; John F Kennedy; Martin Luther King, Jr.; Louis Martin Lyons; Lester Maddox; Benjamin E Mays; Ralph McGill; Aubrey Morris; Edward R Murrow; David F (David Francis) Powers; Dan Reynolds; Jacob M Rothschild; Carl Sandburg; Paul Shields; Adlai E Stevenson; Jack Tarver|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||.63 linear ft.|
Other subjects and programs included within this collection are: Atlanta radio broadcast programs by Harry Evans and Dan Reynolds; the national radio broadcast team of Huntley and Brinkley reporting on the events of 1963; a Meet the Press program featuring the "Poet of Democracy" Carl Sandburg; a CBS memorial program for Edward R. Murrow; reminiscences of John F. Kennedy and reflections on his assassination; the last speech of Virginia Senator Alben W. Barkley; astronaut Scott Carpenter's second American manned orbital flight on May 24, 1962; speeches, press conferences and interviews by William B. Hartsfield, Ralph McGill, and Marvin Griffin; Jack Tarver's review of the film, Gone With The Wind; radio broadcast speeches of John F. Kennedy as senator, presidential candidate and president; and a United Press International radio program on Kennedy's trip to Texas in 1963. The one transcript provided with this collection accompanies Lester Maddox's WSB radio press conference. Governor of Georgia at the time, Maddox proposes to reporters a boycott of Atlanta's two daily newspapers, the Atlanta Journal and the Atlanta Constitution Maddox accuses local media coverage of being unfair and biased against both him and his administration. He claims that the Atlanta newspapers are socialist propaganda vehicles that have also waged a war against public education, business owners, and the people of Georgia.
- Abernathy, Ralph, -- 1926-1990.
- Allen, Ivan, -- 1911-2003.
- Barkley, Alben William, -- 1877-1956.
- Brinkley, David.
- Carpenter, M. Scott -- (Malcolm Scott), -- 1925-2013.
- Evans, Harry.
- Grady, Henry Woodfin, -- 1850-1889.
- Griffin, Marvin, -- 1907-1982.
- Hallinan, Paul J.
- Hartsfield, William Berry.
- Huntley, Chet, -- 1911-1974.
- Kennedy, John F. -- (John Fitzgerald), -- 1917-1963.
- King, Martin Luther, -- Jr., -- 1929-1968.
- Lyons, Louis Martin, -- 1897-1982.
- Maddox, Lester, -- 1915-2003.
- Mays, Benjamin E. -- (Benjamin Elijah), -- 1894-1984.
- McGill, Ralph, -- 1898-1969.
- Morris, Aubrey.
- Murrow, Edward R.
- Powers, David F. (David Francis), -- 1912-1998.
- Reynolds, Dan.
- Rothschild, Jacob M., -- 1911-1973.
- Sandburg, Carl, -- 1878-1967.
- Shields, Paul.
- Stevenson, Adlai E. -- (Adlai Ewing), -- 1900-1965.
- Tarver, Jack -- (Jackson Williams), -- 1917-1999.
- Atlanta journal-constitution.
- Atlanta constitution.
- WSB (Radio station : Atlanta, Ga.)