Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||James Boyd|
|Material Type:||Graphic, Original artwork, Picture|
|Document Type:||Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Notes:||"Manufacturer of engine hose, fire caps and buckets, molasses & oil hose for ships use. Naval gunnery and military equipments, travelling and common trunks valises, carpet bags, hat cases, truck, cart, and waggon harnesses. Merchants who ship saddlery, and those who purchase for the Western market, can have their orders executed promptly and at the lowest prices."
The American Antiquarian Society copy is annotated, changing the text to "James Boyd, & Sons. Saddler's ... manufacturer's of engine hose ..." The business is first listed as "James Boyd & Sons" in the Boston directory for 1839.
|Description:||1 print : lithograph, black and white ; image and text 23 x 18 cm, on sheet 28 x 23 cm|
- Boyd, James.
- Hancock Bank (Boston, Mass.) -- Pictorial works.
- Quincy's Market (Boston, Mass.) -- Pictorial works.
- Factories -- Massachusetts -- Boston -- Pictorial works.
- Leather industry and trade -- Massachusetts -- Boston -- Pictorial works.
- Boston (Mass.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. -- Pictorial works.