Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||George Douglas Campbell Argyll, Duke of; James Elisha Babb; Nathaniel Prentiss Banks; J G Barnard; William Edgar Borah; William Jennings Bryan; Eddie Cantor; Nahum Capen; Adna Romanza Chafee; Samuel Wylie Crawford; Pierre Dupont; Robert Collyer Fergus; William Buel Franklin; J T Headley; Weldon Brinton Heyburn; John Jay; Al Jolson; Caleb Lyon; William McKinley; Franklin D Roosevelt; Charles Johnson Tinkham; Edgar Wilson|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
James Elisha Babb
|Description:||1.5 linear ft. (4 boxes, 1 folio)|
Babb's correspondence which was devoted largely to politics included both local and nationally prominent figures. Among the most important were William E. Borah with whom he corresponded from 1898 to 1933 on issues such as women's suffrage, the League of Nations and the Roosevelt Administration, and William Jennings Bryan who wrote between 1880 and 1924. Of particular interest are Bryan's early letters explaining his reasons for entering politics and his letters in the 1920s defending fundamentalist Christianity. Charles Johnson Tinkham's papers are significant for his own Civil War letters and those from his fellow soldiers and officers in the Union Army. Included also in his papers are miscellaneous official documents relating to his war service and an autograph collection.
- Argyll, George Douglas Campbell, -- Duke of, -- 1823-1900.
- Babb, James Elisha, -- 1864-1934.
- Banks, Nathaniel Prentiss, -- 1816-1894.
- Barnard, J. G. -- (John Gross), -- 1815-1882.
- Borah, William Edgar, -- 1865-1940.
- Bryan, William Jennings, -- 1860-1925.
- Cantor, Eddie, -- 1892-1964.
- Capen, Nahum, -- 1804-1886.
- Chafee, Adna Romanza, -- 1884-1941.
- Crawford, Samuel Wylie, -- 1829-1892.
- Dupont, Pierre, -- 1821-1870.
- Fergus, Robert Collyer.
- Franklin, William Buel, -- 1823-1903.
- Headley, J. T., -- 1813-1897.
- Heyburn, Weldon Brinton, -- 1852-1912.
- Jay, John, -- 1817-1894.
- Jolson, Al, -- 1886-1950.
- Lyon, Caleb, -- 1822-1875.
- McKinley, William, -- 1843-1901.
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. -- (Franklin Delano), -- 1882-1945.
- Tinkham, Charles Johnson, -- 1825-1891.
- Wilson, Edgar, -- 1861-1915.
- League of Nations.
- Women -- Suffrage.
- Idaho -- Politics and government.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- United States -- Politics and government.
- West (U.S.)