Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||James Lenox; Anthony Panizzi, Sir; O Rich|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
James Lenox; Ferdinand de Brackeleer; Thomas Chalmers; Charles Robert Leslie; George Livermore; Henry Stevens; Robert L Stuart; J Valance; Presbyterian Church in the U.S.A. Board of Missions.; Presbyterian Church in the U.S.A. Board of Publication.
|Description:||3.7 linear feet (12 boxes)|
General corespondence, 1825-1880, relates to Lenox's collecting and philanthropic work, as well as other aspects of his life. Papers concerning Henry Stevens include correspondence, invoices, booklists, and a handwritten reminiscence of Lenox. Presbyterian Church materials concern its Board of Missions and Board of Publication and include correspondence, minutes and account books. Lenox's subject files primarily cover gifts he made to various religious and civic groups. Personal papers relate to the Lenox ancestral home in Scotland, book collecting, publishing, and personal matters.
- Lenox, James, -- 1800-1880.
- Panizzi, Anthony, -- Sir, -- 1797-1879.
- Rich, O. -- (Obadiah), -- 1777-1850.
- Lenox Library.
- Presbyterian Church -- Publishing.
- Bible -- Collectors and collecting.
- Book collecting -- United States.
- Charities -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Libraries -- New York (State) -- New York.