Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||L H Bailey; Coryell family.; John Gould; W M Hays; Henderson family.; W D Hoard; Matthews family.; J S Pillsbury; F D Roosevelt; Clinton D Smith|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
James M Drew; Charles Kendall Adams; Clifford W Ashley; Daniel Carter Beard; Hilaire Belloc; Walter Castella Coffey; Herbert Winslow Collingwood; John Henry Comstock; Jennette Drew Dildine; Benjamin Franklin Drew; Edward Bolivar Drew; Matilda Sherwood Drew; Manfred James Holmes; Warren Powers Laird; William H Liggett; Orville Morell Lord; Matthew George Norton; David Olmsted; Sidney Mark Owen; Herbert Quick; Isaac Phillips Roberts; Rollin D Salisbury; George Russell Shaw; Charles H Steffens; Paul Thompson; William Windom; J S Woodward
|Description:||2.25 cu. ft. (5 boxes and 23 oversize items)|
There is information on Edward's involvement with the Western Farm and Village Association, New York, which established a settlement in Winona County in 1852; his pioneering experiences in Winona County and in Wabash County, Indiana (especially 1849-1854); and his legislative service. Some of the information on farm and pioneer life is quite detailed. A record book for schools he taught in Hammondsport (N.Y.) and Wabash County is also present.
Documented too are James's association with Cornell University, Ithaca, N.Y., as a student and faculty member (1887-1889); his career at the University of Minnesota; his articles for the Rural New Yorker (1887-1910s); and his books on blacksmithing and rope work (1934-1948).
Also included are data on the Boy Scout and 4-H Club movements (ca. 1918-1940s); Winona County history; St. Peter, Nicollet County (1850s); Fatherless Children of France (1918-1921); and family history and affairs.
Correspondents include Clifford W. Ashley, Daniel C. Beard, Joseph Hilaire Belloc, Herbert W. Collingwood, Manfred J. Holmes, Charles H. Steffens, Paul Thompson, William Windom, J.S. Woodward, and several family members.
- Bailey, L. H. -- (Liberty Hyde), -- 1858-1954.
- Coryell family.
- Gould, John, -- 1844-
- Hays, W. M. -- (Willet Martin), -- 1859-1916.
- Henderson family.
- Hoard, W. D. -- (William Dempster), -- 1836-1918.
- Matthews family.
- Pillsbury, J. S. -- (John Sargent), -- 1827-1901.
- Roosevelt, F. D. -- (Franklin Delano), -- 1882-1945.
- Smith, Clinton D., -- 1854-
- Boy Scouts of America.
- Cornell University.
- Fatherless Children of France (Organization)
- Holt Manufacturing Company (Cleveland, Ohio) -- Letterhead -- 2 May 1888.
- Illinois State Normal University.
- Minnesota. -- Legislature.
- Minnesota State Normal School (Winona)
- New York State Agricultural Society.
- University of Minnesota. -- School of Agriculture.
- Webb Publishing Co. (Saint Paul, Minn.)
- Western Farm and Village Association of the City of New-York.
- Rural New Yorker.
- Agricultural implements.
- Agriculture -- Minnesota.
- Agricultural colleges.
- Courts -- Minnesota -- Winona County.
- Drew family.
- Education -- Illinois.
- Education -- Minnesota.
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Minnesota.
- Land claim associations -- Minnesota.
- Pioneers -- Minnesota.
- Political parties -- Minnesota.
- Railroad passes.
- Rolling Stone (Minn.)
- Saint Peter (Minn.)
- Saint Peter (Minn.) -- Letterhead -- 6 June, 1858.
- Winona County (Minn.) -- History.
- Winona County (Minn.) -- Politics and government.
- Mississippi River -- Description and travel.