Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Archival Material, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
James M Houston
|Description:||0.2 c.f. (1 archives box)|
The papers consist of scattered correspondence, flyers, affidavits, notes and reports, writings, speeches, and clippings. Of note are files on the activities and proposed cut-off of funding for the Child Development Group of Mississippi and its local affiliate, the Mt. Carmel Head Start Center of which Houston was chairman, the Warren County Improvement League, the Colored American Civic Institute, and miscellaneous papers of the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party and of Houston's 1964 candidacy for Congress.
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi.
- Vicksburg (Miss.)
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- Mississippi.
- Community organization -- Mississippi.
- Child Development Group of Mississippi.
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party.
- Mt. Carmel Head Start Center (Miss.)
- Warren County Improvement League (Miss.)
- Colored American Civic Institute (Miss.)