Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||James Madison; James Madison; James Madison|
|Material Type:||Biography, Government publication, State or province government publication, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||xvi, 266 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm|
|Contents:||Religion and revolution --
A republican constitution --
From ratification to the Bill of Rights --
The origins of the party system --
The politics of charm and the limits of diplomacy --
A founder as commander in chief --
Slavery, sectionalism, and the decline of the Old Dominion.
"Broadwater has produced an eminently readable synthesis that is well suited for classroom use as well as for those looking for an insightful introduction to James Madison's thought and public
- Madison, James, -- 1751-1836.
- Presidents -- United States -- Biography.
- Statesmen -- United States -- Biography.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1809-1817.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1789-1815.
- United States -- Politics and government.
- Political science.
- United States.