Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Eastland family.; James O Eastland; James O Eastland|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
James O Eastland
|Language Note:||Materials in English.|
|Notes:||Materials Separated from the Resource: Curators removed numerous publications from the James O. Eastland Collection. Many of these volumes are now available in the main stacks of the J.D. Williams Library, the Government Documents depository, or the Archives & Special Collections. Further information on the books from the collection appears in File Series 1, Subseries 25: Book Inventory. Researchers can also conduct an author search in the University of Mississippi Libraries catalog for "Eastland, James O." and select the "Collector" option from the results to view records for all retained volumes. For preservation reasons, original recordings are stored in a climate-controlled facility. Researchers may access their digital counterparts in the Eastland Recordings Collection digital collection. Also for preservation reasons, original photographs are stored in a climate-controlled environment. The archives is currently digitizing these images and adding them to the Eastland Collection Photographs digital collection. This project should be completed by the end of 2015. For security reasons, the original correspondence of selected individuals (such as presidents or celebrities) resides in a VIP Restricted Access location. Photocopies of the originals and removal notification replace the original documents within the collection.
Location of resource: Library Annex
Physical Description Note: The entire Eastland Collection consists of 1,040 boxes and occupies 1,571 linear feet.
|Description:||1571.0 Linear feet 1571 linear feet (Annex A1-A12, B1-B16, B19-B24, C1-C6, C19-C24, D1-D6, D19-D24, E1-E6, E19-E24)|
- Eastland family.
- Eastland, James O. -- (James Oliver), -- 1904-1986 -- Archives.
- United States. -- Congress. -- Senate.
- United States. -- Congress. -- House.
- United States. -- Congress. -- Senate. -- Committee on the Judiciary.
- University of Mississippi.
- Agriculture -- Mississippi -- Sunflower County.
- Civil rights -- Mississippi.
- Legislation -- United States.
- Plantations -- Mississippi -- Sunflower County.
- Political campaigns -- Mississippi.
- Practice of law -- Mississippi.
- Legislators -- United States.
- Politicians -- Mississippi.
- Mississippi -- Politics and government -- 20th century.
- Southern States -- Politics and government -- 1951-
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1945-1989.
- Eastland, James O. -- (James Oliver), -- 1904-1986.
- Civil rights.
- Political campaigns.
- Politics and government.
- Practice of law.
- Mississippi -- Sunflower County.
- Southern States.
- United States.