|提及的人：||Michael Foley; Tony Harrison; Seamus Heaney; John Harold Hewitt; Philip Larkin; Michael Longley; Derek Mahon; Medbh McGuckian; Paul Muldoon; Wole Soyinka|
|描述：||39 linear ft. : (77 boxes and 20 oversized papers (OP))|
The collection consists of personal and literary papers of James Simmons from 1945-1989. The papers include literary manuscripts (both poetry and prose); journals and diaries (1945-1988); correspondence with family, friends, and literary associates; and newspaper clippings and related materials. The materials reflect his friendship with Tony Harrison and Nigerian Wole Soyinka while at Leeds University in the late 1950's and his subsequent teaching assignment at Ahmadu Bello University in Nigeria. Of particular interest is information on the development of the Ulster Poets and its principal organ, the Honest Ulsterman. The collection includes correspondence and literary works of Seamus Heaney, Michael Longley, Derek Mahon, and Paul Muldoon.
- Foley, Michael, -- 1947-
- Harrison, Tony, -- 1937-
- Heaney, Seamus.
- Hewitt, John Harold, -- 1907-1987.
- Larkin, Philip.
- Longley, Michael, -- 1939-
- Mahon, Derek, -- 1941-
- McGuckian, Medbh, -- 1950-
- Muldoon, Paul.
- Soyinka, Wole.
- Ahmadu Bello University.
- Poets House (Firm)
- University of Leeds.
- Honest ulsterman.
- College teachers -- Nigeria.
- Dramatic criticism -- Ireland.
- English literature -- Irish authors -- 20th century.
- English poetry -- Irish authors -- 20th century.
- Irish poetry -- History and criticism -- 20th century.
- Poetry -- Study and teaching -- Ireland.
- Poets, Irish -- 20th century.
- Popular music -- Writing and publishing -- Ireland.
- Songs, Irish -- 20th century.