Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Personal narratives, American
|Named Person:||James Truslow Adams; Franklin D Roosevelt; James Truslow Adams; Franklin D Roosevelt|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
James Truslow Adams
|Language Note:||Material is in English.|
|Description:||15 linear ft. ( 24 document boxes; 1 oversize folder; 1 roll)|
Included are a series of three hundred letters (photostat, carbon, typescript, etc.) written by Adams to friends and family during his service in World War I; also included are a carbon copy of Adams' "American Tragedy"; carbon and typescript of Adams' "American Family". Among his miscellaneous family documents is an extract from the Hearings before un-American Activities Committee, February 1948. 1,235 letters between himself and his publisher, Little Brown & Co., pertaining mainly to the publication of Adams' historical writings. Of special interest are the letters of Mr. Adams dated Feb. 5, 1932, Jan. 20, 1932, Nov. 4, 1931, Oct. 21, 1931, Oct. 11, 1931, Sept. 8, 1931, Dec. 10, 1929, May 11, 1929, Sept. 4, 1928, May 28, 1928, Oct. 2, 1927, July 13, 1927, May 12, 1926, and May 8, 1927 (in the 1926 file), which contain Mr. Adams' comments on British political affairs and the economic crisis. Of interest is a letter dated June 10, 1923 on the teaching of history in secondary schools and the texts used. There is also one volume "Memorials of Old Bridgehampton" (1916), privately printed at Bridgehampton, Long Island.
- Adams, James Truslow, -- 1878-1949.
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. -- (Franklin Delano), -- 1882-1945.
- United States. -- Congress. -- House. -- Committee on Un-American Activities.
- United States. -- Supreme Court.
- Little, Brown and Company.
- Historians -- United States.
- Judges -- Selection and appointment -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives, American.
- Judges -- Selection and appointment.
- United States.