Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Sims E Brown; John C Calhoun; James Albert Hopkins; Edward Magrath; William B Taber|
|Document Type:||Book, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
James Ward Hopkins
|Description:||2 v. : ill., col.|
Scrapbook, 1850-1862 (stored off-site), consisting of lithographs, genre prints, and clippings re politics, poetry, news items, Civil War; Palmetto Guards; including "Resolutions of the Class of 1851," six programs associated with events honoring Commencement of S.C. College during Dec. of 1851 and 1852, including dances and other social events; clipping re duel of William B. Taber and Edward Magrath; color engravings of European and American landscapes; obituaries and tributes of South Carolinians; and poems, including "By the Banks of the Edisto River," and a reference to "Bleeding Kansas," the controversy over the territory's future as a free or slave state, called "An Appeal for Kansas."
- Brown, Sims E., -- 1828-1849.
- Calhoun, John C. -- (John Caldwell), -- 1782-1850 -- Poetry.
- Hopkins, James Albert, -- -1853.
- Magrath, Edward.
- Taber, William B.
- United States. -- Army. -- South Carolina Regiment.
- South Carolina College -- Students -- History -- 19th century.
- American poetry -- 19th century.
- Dueling -- South Carolina.
- Education, Higher -- South Carolina -- Columbia.
- College students -- South Carolina -- Columbia.
- Voyages and travels -- 19th century.
- Canada -- Description and travel.
- United States -- Description and travel.
- Chicago (Ill.) -- Description and travel.
- Columbia (S.C.) -- History -- 19th century.
- England -- Description and travel.
- Savannah (Ga.) -- Description and travel.
- South Carolina -- Politics and government -- 1783-1865.
- South Carolina -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.