Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Robert N Gourdin; Henry Deas Lesesne; James Warley Miles; Catherine Gendron Poyas|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
James Warley Miles
Letters and notes include a letter (1852 March 5) to Miles from Henry D. Lesesne asking Miles to preach at Calvary Church, a note (1870 May 26) from C.G. Poyas regarding the transmission of a gift volume to Miles, and a typescript copy of a letter (1857 April 1) from Miles to Mr. [Robert Newman?] Gourdin concerning the number of volumes in the College of Charleston library, a deposit of valuable scientific books at the College Library, and Miles' personal library.
Writings consist of handwritten transcripts (n.d.) of a sermon and an address by James Warley Miles, a typewritten transcript (carbon) of a sermon entitled "The Messiahship of Christ" (published in the News and Courier May 14, 1875), and [holograph?] notes for a sermon.
Clippings include an address entitled "Woman's Education" delivered by Miles at the closing exercises of a women's seminary, and a newspaper article (ca. 1874) concerning Miles' "farewell discourse before taking his departure for Camden."
- Gourdin, Robert N., -- 1812-1894.
- Lesesne, Henry Deas, -- 1810-1886.
- Miles, James Warley, -- 1818-1875 -- Library.
- Poyas, Catherine Gendron, -- 1813-1882.
- College of Charleston.
- Episcopal Church -- South Carolina -- Clergy.
- Christianity -- Philosophy.
- Academic libraries -- South Carolina -- Charleston.
- Philosophical theology.
- Charleston (S.C.) -- History.
- South Carolina -- History.