Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Jane Hovde; A J Hovde; W H Auden; June Burn; Kenneth Callahan; William Stafford; Alfred Victor Frankenstein; Glenn A Wessells|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Jane Hovde; A J Hovde
|Description:||9.2 linear ft.|
Jane's papers comprise biographical material, journals, correspondence, notes, writings, subject and project files, business records, sketches, printed materials, photographs, slides of the artist's works, and a college scrapbook chronicling the Hovdes' courtship during the early 1940's. Correspondents include W.H. Auden, Kenneth Callahan, June Burn, Glenn Wessells, Al Frankenstein and William Stafford. Writings, sketches and journals chart Hovde's evolving interest in abstract expressionism and Jungian symbolic imagery. The collection documents her exhibits at the Seattle Art Museum and her 1972 Retrospective and the 2000 "Picasso's Eye: A Subjective Symbolic Process," at Whatcom Museum of Art and History. A. J. Hovde's papers document his experiences during World War II, his work as a writer and as professor at Western Washington University and Fairhaven College in Bellingham, Washington. His records include biographical information, journals, photographs, and his writings, including non-fiction, poetry, short fiction and full-length fiction manuscripts. Both Jane and A. J. Hovde's work was influenced by their travels to Ischia, Italy.
- Hovde, Jane.
- Hovde, A. J. -- (Annis J.)
- Auden, W. H. -- (Wystan Hugh), -- 1907-1973 -- Correspondence.
- Burn, June, -- 1893-1969 -- Correspondence.
- Callahan, Kenneth, -- 1905-1986 -- Correspondence.
- Stafford, William, -- 1914-1993 -- Correspondence.
- Frankenstein, Alfred Victor, -- 1906- -- correspondence.
- Wessells, Glenn A. -- (Glenn Anthony), -- b. 1895 -- correspondence.
- Western Washington College of Education.
- Western Washington State College.
- Western Washington University.
- Fairhaven College.
- Seattle Art Museum -- Exhibitions.
- Whatcom Museum of History and Art -- Exhibitions.
- Women artists -- Northwest, Pacific -- History -- Sources.
- Art -- Northwest, Pacific -- History -- Sources.
- Art, Modern -- History -- Sources.
- Abstract expressionism -- Northwest, Pacific -- History -- Sources.
- Painters -- Northwest, Pacific -- History -- Sources.
- Authors, American -- Washington (State) -- History -- Sources.
- Ischia (Italy) -- History -- Sources.