도서관에서 사본 찾기
해당항목을 보유하고 있는 도서관을 찾는 중
|장르/형태:||Criticism, interpretation, etc
|추가적인 물리적 형식:||Online version:
Hildebrand, Ann Meinzen.
Jean and Laurent de Brunhoff.
New York, NY : Twayne Publishers, ©1991
|명시된 사람:||Jean de Brunhoff; Laurent de Brunhoff; Jean de Brunhoff; Laurent de Brunhoff; Laurent de Brunhoff; Babar.; Jean de Brunhoff|
|모든 저자 / 참여자:||
Ann Meinzen Hildebrand
|설명:||xvii, 175 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.|
|내용:||1. The World of Babar de Brunhoff --
2. The Creation of Babar's World: Jean de Brunhoff's Stories, 1931-1933 --
3. The Confirmation and Generation of Babar's World: Jean de Brunhoff's Stories, 1934-1936 --
4. The Preservation of Babar's World: Laurent de Brunhoff's "Father-Faithful" Stories, 1946-1961 --
5. Experimentation with Babar's World: Laurent de Brunhoff's Stories, 1961-1972 --
6. The Artistic Resolution of Babar's Legacy: Laurent de Brunhoff's Stories since 1972.
|일련 제목:||Twayne's world authors series, TWAS 824.; Twayne's world authors series., Children literature.|
|책임:||Ann Meinzen Hildebrand.|
The rendering of situations in which aplomb and elegance occur simultaneously with action and adventure is the hallmark of the de Brunhoffs' illustrations, so distinct with their bold lines and primary colors.
In her unique study of the Babar milieu, Ann Meinzen Hildebrand looks at the de Brunhoffs' complete works, analyzing the thematic development of the stories and commenting on the essential role of the illustrations. Acknowledging the differences between the work of father and son, Hildebrand attributes the series' continuing popularity to the way in which both artists have created an elephant cosmos that is a mirror of real and ideal life. She shows how de Brunhoff pere et fils have eschewed simple "animal fantasy" for fascinating characters who respond to everyday situations, both tragic and frivolous, thoughtfully and act on the principles of perseverance, patience, hope, and courage. Hildebrand's comprehensive study establishes the genius of the de Brunhoffs and explains how one kindly, nondidactic elephant in a derby hat has become such a socializing force for young readers.
- Brunhoff, Jean de, -- 1899-1937 -- Characters -- Babar.
- Brunhoff, Laurent de, -- 1925- -- Characters -- Babar.
- Children's stories, French -- History and criticism.
- Children's stories, French -- Illustrations.
- Children -- Books and reading -- France.
- Babar (Fictitious character)
- Elephants in literature.
- Elephants in art.
- Brunhoff, Jean de, -- 1899-1937.
- Brunhoff, Laurent de, -- 1925-
- Children -- Books and reading.
- Children's stories, French.
- Brunhoff, Laurent de.
- Brunhoff, Jean de.