Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Fiction, Secondary (senior high) school|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Notes:||Includes reader's guide.|
|Awards:||Schneider Family Book Award, Teens, 2009.|
|Description:||327 p. ; 21 cm.|
WorldCat User Reviews (2)
Amazing. I don't often throw superlatives around. This book deserves it. It is a raw, emotional glimpse into the heart of a young man with TS. But it quickly becomes clear that TS is not Sam's main problem. I won't share what I think that problem is, because this book touched my heart, and Sam's problem...
- 6 of 6 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
A nice addition to any library.
"Jerk, California" is about a kid who has Tourette's and how he finds out who his dad is, and untangles the lies about him. On the way he meets a pretty girl (who he falls in love with), a crazy coot (who he becomes friends with) and learns about himself.
- 3 of 4 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
- Identity -- Fiction.
- Fathers -- Fiction.
- Tourette syndrome -- Fiction.
- Automobile travel -- Fiction.
- Interpersonal relations -- Fiction.
- Identity (Psychology) -- Juvenile fiction.
- Fathers -- Juvenile fiction.
- Tourette syndrome -- Juvenile fiction.
- Automobile travel -- Juvenile fiction.
- Interpersonal relations -- Juvenile fiction.
- Automobile travel.
- Identity (Psychology)
- Interpersonal relations.
- Tourette syndrome.
User lists with this item (9)
- Schneider Family Book Award(32 items)
by dordtlibrary updated 2014-02-12
- UNO-YA Coming of Age Stories(86 items)
by UNO-YA updated 2014-06-09
- Schneider Family Book Award(22 items)
by GoldsteinLibrary updated 2012-07-03
- BU Display: Made in Minnesota(45 items)
by wik75746 updated 2012-05-14
- Schneider Family Book Award(27 items)
by ccicchetti updated 2012-02-12