Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Fiction, Secondary (senior high) school|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||9780142412039 0142412031 9781439561973 1439561974|
|Notes:||Includes reader's guide.|
|Awards:||Schneider Family Book Award, Teens, 2009.|
|Description:||327 pages ; 21 cm|
WorldCat User Reviews (2)
Amazing. I don't often throw superlatives around. This book deserves it. It is a raw, emotional glimpse into the heart of a young man with TS. But it quickly becomes clear that TS is not Sam's main problem. I won't share what I think that problem is, because this book touched my heart, and Sam's problem...
- 6 of 6 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
A nice addition to any library.
"Jerk, California" is about a kid who has Tourette's and how he finds out who his dad is, and untangles the lies about him. On the way he meets a pretty girl (who he falls in love with), a crazy coot (who he becomes friends with) and learns about himself.
- 3 of 4 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
- Identity (Psychology) -- Juvenile fiction.
- Fathers -- Juvenile fiction.
- Tourette syndrome -- Juvenile fiction.
- Automobile travel -- Juvenile fiction.
- Interpersonal relations -- Juvenile fiction.
- Identity -- Fiction.
- Fathers -- Fiction.
- Tourette syndrome -- Fiction.
- Automobile travel -- Fiction.
- Interpersonal relations -- Fiction.
- Automobile travel.
- Identity (Psychology)
- Interpersonal relations.
- Tourette syndrome.
User lists with this item (11)
- Life's challenges(29 items)
by firstname.lastname@example.org updated 2015-07-23
- UNO-YA Coming of Age Stories(114 items)
by UNO-YA updated 2015-05-22
- Schneider Family Book Award(32 items)
by sarahridinger updated 2015-03-18
- Schneider Family Book Award(36 items)
by ccicchetti updated 2015-03-09
- Schneider Family Book Award(34 items)
by dordtlibrary updated 2015-02-26