Ava Fran Kahn; Autry Museum of Western Heritage.
|注意：||Published in conjunction with an exhibition organized by the Autry Museum of Western Heritage and held there from June 21-January 20, 2003.|
|描述：||143 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 28 cm|
|内容：||Introduction : Looking at America from the West to the East, 1850-1920s / Ava F. Kahn --
American West, New York Jewish / Hasia R. Diner --
To journey west : Jewish women and their pioneer stories / Ava F. Kahn --
The Jewish merchant and civic order in the urban west / William Toll --
From cooperative farming to urban leadership / Ellen Eisenberg.
|责任：||edited by Ava F. Kahn.|
Revealing the diversity of American Jewish life by examining the experiences of Jewish men and women who migrated to the West and settled in cities and on farms, this book explores the birth of an American Jewish culture that had only tenuous roots in the East.
- Jews -- West (U.S.) -- History -- Exhibitions.
- Jews -- Migrations -- Exhibitions.
- West (U.S.) -- Emigration and immigration -- Exhibitions.
- Immigrants -- West (U.S.) -- History -- 19th century -- Exhibitions.
- Immigrants -- West (U.S.) -- History -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.
- Emigration and immigration.
- Jews -- Migrations.
- United States, West.
- Dagelijks leven.