Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||JoAnna M McDonald; George Kerchner; James W Eikner; Len Lommell; Herman Stein|
|Document Type:||Book, Archival Material, Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
JoAnna M McDonald; David W Hogan; Jerome Haggerty
|Other Titles:||Small unit actions.
Collection of JoAnna M. McDonald
Contains information pertaining to the following war: World War II (WWII).
Contains information pertaining to the following military unit: 2nd Rangers.
General description of the collection: The JoAnna M. McDonald collection includes research material on the 2nd Rangers. Oral histories of James W. Eikner, Len Lomell, and Herman Stein are included. Correspondence with Dr. Michael Soller and Ruth Lisko is also found. There are various articles by David W. Hogan, Jr.; Sidney A. Salomon; and others within the collection as well as a poem. Included are two dissertations: THE EVOLUTION OF THE CONCEPT OF U.S. ARMY RANGERS, 1944-1983, by David Hogan, Jr., and HISTORY OF THE RANGER BATTALIONS, WWII, by Jerome Haggerty. Other materials include a War Department history: SMALL UNIT ACTIONS, various negatives, copy negatives, photos, and maps.
- McDonald, JoAnna M., -- 1970- -- Archives.
- Kerchner, George -- Diaries.
- Eikner, James W. -- Interviews.
- Lommell, Len -- Interviews.
- Stein, Herman -- Interviews.
- United States. -- Army. -- Ranger Battalion, 2nd.
- United States. -- Army. -- Ranger Battalion, 2nd -- Registers.
- United States. -- Army -- Commando troops.
- Liberation of Pointe du Hoc : the 2nd U.S. Rangers at Normandy -- Sources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France -- Normandy.
- Operation Overlord.