Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Joanne Woodward; Paul Newman; Elia Kazan|
|Document Type:||Book, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Joanne Woodward; Richard Greenberg
|Description:||302 items and 31 v.|
Oversize scrapbook maintained by Woodward, ca. 1948-1961 re her early career on stage and screen, as well as others with whom she worked; various productions represented, including script and other items from the 1989 motion picture "Mr. and Mrs. Bridges"; posters for films starring Paul Newman; playbill, Feb. 1976, from Greenville, [S.C.], Little Theatre production of Tennessee Williams' "The Glass Menagerie" starring Woodward.
Other items include papers reflecting Woodward's leadership in the National Women's Conference to Prevent Nuclear War, 1984; 7 ceremonial items (programs, invitations, tickets) Dec. 1992, consisting of Woodward's and Paul Newman's personal copies of items from the Kennedy Center Honors celebration during which they and four other performing artists were honored; and annotated script for Richard Greenberg's Three Days of Rain [ca. 1999].
Four notebooks, 1983-1986, containing Woodward's interviews for documentary, "American Masters-- Broadway's Dreamers: The Legacy of the Group Theatre," a 1989 public television project narrated by Woodward re the New York stage, featuring interviews with Margaret Barker, Morris Charnovsky, Cheryl Crawford, Virginia Farmer, Michael Gordon, Mordecai Gorelik, Elia Kazan, Sidney Kingsley, Tony Kraber, Bobby Lewis, Sandy Meisner, Ruth Nelson, Martin Ritt, and EuniceStoddard; and scrapbook volume, 1989, of press clippings re the "Broadway's Dreamers" project.
- Woodward, Joanne, -- 1930-
- Newman, Paul, -- 1925-2008.
- Kazan, Elia -- Interviews.
- Broadway's Dreamers: The Legacy of the Group Theatre.
- Carol Burnett show.
- Crisis at Central High (Television screenplay)
- Sweet Bird of Youth (Drama)
- Mr. and Mrs. Bridge (Drama)
- Golden Boy (Screen play)
- Velvet Elvis (Play)
- See How She Runs (Television play)
- Do You Remember Love (Television play)
- Rachel, Rachel (Screen play)
- Shadow Box (Drama)
- Streets of L.A. (Television play)
- Sybil (Drama)
- Three Days of Rain (Drama)
- Winning (Television play)
- Actors -- United States -- Biography.
- Actors -- United States -- Interviews.
- Theater -- New York (State) -- New York -- History -- 20th century.
- Motion picture actors and actresses -- United States -- Biography.
- Broadway (New York, N.Y.) -- Biography.
- Greenville (S.C.) -- Biography.