Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Vaughan Williams, Ralph, 1872-1958.
London, Oxford University Press [©1934]
|Named Person:||Job, (Biblical figure); William Blake; Job, (Biblical figure)|
|Document Type:||Musical Score|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Ralph Vaughan Williams; Geoffrey Keynes; Gwen Raverat; William Blake
|Description:||1 study score (109 pages) 26 cm|
|Contents:||1. Introduction. Pastoral dance. Satan's appeal to God. Saraband of the Sons of God --
2. Satan's dance --
3. Minuet of the sons and daughters of Job --
4. Job's dream. Dance of plague, pestilence, famine and battle --
5. Dance of the messengers --
6. Dance of Job's comforters. Job's curse. A vision of Satan --
7. Elihu's dance of youth and beauty. Pavane of the Heavenly Host --
8. Galliard of the Sons of the Morning. Altar dance and heavenly pavane --
9. "So the Lord blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning" --
Epilogue. Job ... sits again surrounded by his family. He blesses his children.
|Responsibility:||Founded on Blake's Illustrations of the book of Job, by Geoffrey Keynes and Gwendolyn Raverat.|