Jon Else; Joe Morton; Steve Fayer; Blackside, Inc.; British Broadcasting Corporation. Television Service.; WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.); PBS Video.
|制作人员：||Editor, Lillian Benson ; narrator, Joe Morton ; photography, Michael Chin ; music, Brian Keane.|
|描述：||1 videocassette (60 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 1/2 in.|
|丛书名：||Great depression, 1.|
|责任：||a production of Blackside ; produced in association with BBC-2 ; WGBH Boston ; produced, directed and written by Jon Else ; series writer, Steve Fayer.|
Just before the advent of the Great Depression, Henry Ford controlled the most important company in the most important industry in the booming American economy. His offer of high wages in exchange for hard work attracted workers to Detroit, but it began to come apart when Ford hired a private police force to speed up production and spy on employees at the River Rouge plant. After the depression hit in 1929, these workers faced a new, grim reality as unemployment skyrocketed. Primarily uses interviews and historical film footage to portray the era.
- Ford, Henry, -- 1863-1947.
- Ford Motor Company.
- Automobile industry and trade -- United States -- History.
- Depressions -- 1929 -- United States.
- United States -- History -- 1919-1933.
- United States -- History -- 1933-1945.
- United States -- Economic conditions -- 1918-1945.
- Films for the hearing impaired.