Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
John Lind; J V Brower; Pierce Butler; Cushman Kellogg Davis; Cass Gilbert; James J Hill; Frank B Kellogg; Norman George Lind; William James Mayo; John Uno Sebenius; Henrik Shipstead; Henry N Somsen; Andrew J Volstead; William D Washburn; Woodrow Wilson; Minnesota. Legislature. House of Representatives. Committee on Labor and Labor Legislation.
|Description:||7.0 cu. ft. (7 boxes)|
John Lind's papers consist of correspondence, subject and legal files, newspaper clippings, scrapbooks, and speeches, which contain information on Minnesota politics, the Democratic and Populist parties, the St. Lawrence Seaway, Lind's activities as president of the University of Minnesota board of regents, and his involvement in the business ventures of his sons Norman and John, Jr. Also included are Lind's accounts as receiver of the land office at Tracy (1884-1886), his records as quartermaster of the 12th Minnesota Volunteer Infantry during the Spanish-American War, minutes of the Public Safety Commission of Minnesota (1917-1918), the transcript of a hearing before the state House Committee on Labor and Labor Legislation regarding labor agitation in the northern Minnesota Iron Range (January 30, 1917), and minutes of an advisory council to the United States Secretary of Labor, on which Lind served as chairman (1918).
Norman Lind's papers consist primarily of correspondence and business files that document his various business speculations. Also included are his public education schoolbook (New Ulm) and student essays from the University of Minnesota.
- Democratic Party (Minn.)
- Republican Party (Minn.)
- National Nonpartisan League.
- Lind Navigation Corporation.
- Minnesota Commission of Public Safety.
- Ocean Transport Company.
- States Steamship Company.
- Tacoma Oriental Steamship Company.
- United States. -- Army. -- Minnesota Infantry Regiment, 12th (1898-1899)
- United States. -- National War Labor Board (1918-1919)
- United States. -- Shipping Board.
- United States. -- Tracy Land Office.
- University of Minnesota. -- Board of Regents.
- Agriculture -- Economic aspects -- Minnesota.
- Corporation law -- United States.
- Elections -- Minnesota.
- Forest reserves -- Minnesota.
- Labor -- Minnesota.
- Land titles -- Minnesota.
- Lumber trade -- Washington (State)
- Lumbering -- Minnesota.
- Ojibwa Indians -- Minnesota -- Government relations.
- Postal service -- Minnesota.
- Presidents -- United States -- Election.
- Railroads -- Minnesota.
- Silver question -- Minnesota.
- Steamboat lines -- United States.
- Strikes and lockouts -- Lumber trade -- Minnesota.
- Strikes and lockouts -- Miners -- Minnesota.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Manpower -- Minnesota.
- Grain -- Research -- Minnesota.
- Ojibwa Indians -- Land tenure -- Minnesota.
- Spanish-American War, 1898 -- Equipment and supplies.
- Iron ranges -- Minnesota.
- Itasca State Park (Minn.)
- Minnesota -- Politics and government.
- Red Lake Indian Reservation (Minn.)