Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||John Black; John H Davis; Patrick McDowell; Richard Watts; Edwin Conway; Conway family.; Black family.; Davis family.|
|Document Type:||Book, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
John Black; Conway family.; Black family.; Davis family.; John H Davis
|Notes:||Forms part of Papers of the Conway, Black, and Davis families.|
|Description:||1 legal size volumes|
John H. Davis later used the volume, ca. 1861-1877, as a letter book and to document agricultural activities and other accounts during Civil War and Reconstruction periods; topics represented include records of cultivation of cotton, 1863-1877; and mention of African American slaves sent to work on fortifications on the coast, and copies of various letters and articles written for publication, including letter, 31 Oct. 1864, to James Farrow, re difficulties re impressments and finances of the Confederate government.
- Black, John, -- active 1836.
- Davis, John H. -- Correspondence.
- McDowell, Patrick -- Estate.
- Watts, Richard -- Estate.
- Conway, Edwin -- Estate.
- Conway family.
- Black family.
- Davis family.
- Cotton trade -- South Carolina -- Laurens County.
- African Americans -- South Carolina -- Laurens County.
- Plantations -- South Carolina -- Laurens County -- Management.
- Laurens County (S.C.) -- Commerce.
- South Carolina -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Economic aspects.