|提及的人：||Orval Eugene Faubus; Fred L Shuttlesworth; Henry Cabot Lodge, Jr.; Orval Eugene Faubus; Henry Cabot Lodge, Jr.; Fred L Shuttlesworth|
John Charles Daly; ABC Television Network,; Peabody Collection. African-American History and Culture Programs.
|注意：||No production credits on film.
Entry to the 1957 Peabody Awards, News category.
Running time: 20:00.
Sponsored by the Naval Reserve, Navy Stand-by ("see bees"), with one animated mid-program commercial.
|演员：||[With:] John Daly.|
|奖励：||Winner of a 1957 Peabody Award.|
|描述：||1 reel of 1 (ca. 800 ft.) : opt sd., b&w ; 16 mm. kinescope.|
"John Daly has been on national and international news beats for 20 years. He has been a Washington correspondent, White House correspondent, broadcaster of conventions and campaign tours, chief election night commentator, interviewer and narrator of many public affairs series. He has also been a foreign correspondent during World War II."--1957 Peabody Digest. This episode features stories about the riots at Little Rock Central High School, including a summary of preceding events, footage of Governor Orval Faubus, and a statement by Reverend F.L. Shuttlesworth who attempted to enrol the African-American students. Also covered in this report is an address by U.S. Ambassador Henry Cabot Lodge, Jr. to the United Nations regarding the production of intermediate-range missiles.
- Faubus, Orval Eugene, -- 1910-1994.
- Shuttlesworth, Fred L., -- 1922-2011.
- Lodge, Henry Cabot, -- Jr., -- 1902-1985.
- Central High School (Little Rock, Ark.)
- United Nations.
- School integration -- Arkansas -- Little Rock.
- Segregation in education -- Arkansas -- Little Rock.
- Riots -- Arkansas -- Little Rock.
- African American students -- Arkansas -- Little Rock.
- Little Rock (Ark.) -- Race relations.
- United States -- Foreign relations.
- African American students.
- Diplomatic relations.
- Race relations.
- School integration.
- Segregation in education.
- Arkansas -- Little Rock.
- United States.