Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Frank W Bayley; Ferdinand Danton; Mantle Fielding; John J Hughes; John Hill Morgan; Lawrence Park; George J Shepard; Gilbert Stuart; George Washington|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
John Hill Morgan
|Description:||7.3 linear feet (12 boxes, 8 bound volumes).|
Also of note is Morgan's research on Gilbert Stuart, which includes reference materials and his annotated volumes of "Gilbert Stuart: An Illustrated Descriptive List of His Works" (1926) by Lawrence Park. Additional research in the collection concerns portraits of George Washington not included in Morgan's or Park's books, and fakes of early American oils and drawings: Frank Bayley's sale of a Washington portrait later determined to be a copy (in Series IV: Gilbert Stuart), and a series of fake drawings sold in the 1920s and early 1930s by a man using various aliases, including George J. Shepard, Ferdinand Danton and John J. Hughes (in Series V: Shepard-Hughes-Danton Fakes).
- Bayley, Frank W. -- (Frank William), -- 1863-1932.
- Danton, Ferdinand.
- Fielding, Mantle, -- 1865-1941.
- Hughes, John J.
- Morgan, John Hill, -- 1870-1945. -- Life portraits of George Washington and their replicas.
- Park, Lawrence, -- 1873-1924. -- Gilbert Stuart: an illustrated descriptive list of his works.
- Shepard, George J.
- Stuart, Gilbert, -- 1755-1828.
- Washington, George, -- 1732-1799 -- Portraits.
- Art -- Forgeries.
- Portrait painters -- United States.
- Portraits, American.
- Portraits, Colonial -- United States.
- Presidents -- United States -- Portraits.