Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Designs and plans
|Named Person:||Edwin Anderson Alderman; John Lloyd Newcomb|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
John Lloyd Newcomb; Grace Shields Russell Newcomb; H Darkes Albright; Charles Austin Beard; Rowland Egger; Wilson Gee
Papers from his tenure as President of the University of Virginia include files on the budget; the construction of the Chemistry building; correspondence with government officials about various programs; courses; press notices; songs about the University; reports; and specifications for Alderman Library.
Individual items of interest include a blueprint of the Almirall System of Forced Hot Water Heating; a block plan of the University of Virginia showing the proposed layout of mains and buildings to be heated by central hot water heating; a report on Administrative reorganization of government; a report on the construction of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway; a report on the School of Nursing; and reports by H.D. Albright, Charles A. Beard, Rowland Egger, Wilson Gee.
Also photographs of Newcomb and others including Edwin A. Alderman, together with photographs of the University, several buildings and aerial views.
- Alderman, Edwin Anderson, -- 1861-1931 -- Photographs.
- Newcomb, John Lloyd, -- 1881-1954 -- Photographs.
- University of Virginia. -- Library.
- Almirall System of Forced Hot Water Heating.
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
- University of Virginia -- Designs and plans.
- University of Virginia -- History.
- University of Virginia. -- School of Nursing.
- Civil engineering -- Study and teaching.
- Community theater.
- Engineering -- Study and teaching.
- Heating from central stations -- Virginia -- Charlottesville.
- Nursing -- Study and teaching.
- Social sciences -- Research.
- Surveying -- Study and teaching.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Peace.