|提及的人：||John Marshall; John Marshall; John Marshall|
R Kent Newmyer
|描述：||xviii, 511 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.|
|内容：||Young man of the revolution --
Judicial statesman in the making : law and politics in the 1790s --
Marshall, Jefferson, and the rise of the Supreme Court --
Republican judge as Lockean liberal --
Constitutional law for a new nation --
Embattled chief --
Conservative nationalist in the age of Jackson.
|丛书名：||Southern biography series.|
|责任：||R. Kent Newmyer.|
"Newmyer unfolds Marshall's early Virginia years - his Americanization in Fauquier County before the Revolution, his decision to fight for independence as "a principled soldier," and his emergence as a constitutional nationalist in the 1780s. Marshall's experinence as a Federalist politician and a leading Virginia lawyer during the turbulent partisan decade of the 1790s, Newmyer argues, defined his ideas about judicial review and the role of the Supreme Court as a curb on party-based, states' rights radicalism."--Jacket.
- Marshall, John, -- 1755-1835.
- Judges -- United States -- Biography.
- United States. -- Supreme Court -- Biography.
- États-Unis. -- Supreme Court -- Biographies.
- Juges -- États-Unis -- Biographies.
- Marshall, John, -- 1755-1835
- United States. -- Supreme Court.
- United States.
- Supreme Court (VS)