|提及的人：||Abraham Baldwin; James Jackson; Marie Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert Du Motier Lafayette, marquis de; John Milledge; John Steele; Jacob Waldburger; Abraham Baldwin; James Jackson; Marie Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert Du Motier Lafayette, marquis de; John Milledge; John Steele|
|描述：||1 folder (.05 cubic feet)|
This collection contains one letter from John Milledge to James Jackson dated 10 January 1793. In the letter Milledge, who was serving as a freshman member of Congress representing Georgia in the United States House of Representatives, congratulates Jackson on his reelection to the United States Senate. Milledge also comments on repercussions suffered by Jackson regarding Jackson's vote for Milledge and Abraham Baldwin, Waldburger's (probably Jacob Waldburger's) good conduct, Georgia's strained relations with the Indians, and the Marquis de Lafayette's "base treachery". Also included in the collection is a transcript of the letter created by the donor with historical notes, biographical notes on Milledge and Jackson, and a note on the provenance of the 1793 letter.
- Baldwin, Abraham, -- 1754-1807.
- Jackson, James, -- 1757-1806.
- Lafayette, Marie Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert Du Motier, -- marquis de, -- 1757-1834.
- Milledge, John, -- 1757-1818.
- Steele, John, -- 1764-1815.
- Waldburger, Jacob.
- Indians of North America -- Government relations -- 1789-1869.
- Georgia -- Politics and government -- 1775-1865.
- Indians of North America -- Government relations.
- Political science.