|提及的人：||Abraham 1754-1807 Baldwin; James 1757-1806 Jackson; Marie Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert Du Motier marquis de 1757-1834 Lafayette; John 1757-1818 Milledge; John 1764-1815 Steele; Jacob Waldburger|
|描述：||1 folder (.05 cubic feet)|
This collection contains one letter from John Milledge to James Jackson dated 10 January 1793. In the letter Milledge, who was serving as a freshman member of Congress representing Georgia in the United States House of Representatives, congratulates Jackson on his reelection to the United States Senate. Milledge also comments on repercussions suffered by Jackson regarding Jackson's vote for Milledge and Abraham Baldwin, Waldburger's (probably Jacob Waldburger's) good conduct, Georgia's strained relations with the Indians, and the Marquis de Lafayette's "base treachery". Also included in the collection is a transcript of the letter created by the donor with historical notes, biographical notes on Milledge and Jackson, and a note on the provenance of the 1793 letter.
- Baldwin, Abraham, 1754-1807.
- Jackson, James, 1757-1806.
- Lafayette, Marie Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert Du Motier, marquis de, 1757-1834.
- Milledge, John, 1757-1818.
- Steele, John, 1764-1815.
- Waldburger, Jacob.
- Indians of North America -- Government relations -- 1789-1869.
- Georgia -- Politics and government -- 1775-1865.