Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||John Shaw Billings; Edwin Hatfield Anderson|
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Archival Material, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||New York Public Library. Central Administration. Director's Office.|
|Description:||41 linear feet (48 boxes, 70 volumes).|
Bulk of the collection consists of incoming and outgoing letters and internal memoranda, mostly concerning library matters such as the purchase and exchange of books and other materials, the hiring and termination of employees, and finances. Most of the early correspondence has been lost. There are also architectural sketches and drawings, minutes of staff meetings, card files, and catalogs. Also includes materials of Edwin H. Anderson, Assistant Director and Acting Director after the death of Billings. Anderson's records as Assistant Director contain information about the N.Y. Child Welfare Exhibit of 1911.
- Billings, John Shaw, -- 1838-1913.
- Anderson, Edwin Hatfield, -- 1861-1947.
- Astor Library.
- Lenox Library.
- New York Public Library. -- Central Administration. -- Director's Office.
- Libraries -- History -- 19th century.
- Libraries -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Research libraries -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Public libraries -- New York (State) -- New York -- Administration.
- Library buildings -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Branch libraries -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Research libraries -- Acquisitions.