Silver gelatin photographic prints
|関連の人物：||John Snookie Walker; Wyatt Tee Walker; David N Dinkins; Calvin Butts; Nelson A Rockefeller|
|資料の種類：||Graphic, Photograph, Picture|
John Snookie Walker; James Lee; James Link; David McAdams; C A Ramsey; Rappoport Studios (New York, N.Y.)
|注記：||Title devised by cataloger.
Some photographs have photographer's handstamp on verso.
Some photographs have descriptive information on verso or recto.
Collection includes photographs by James Lee, James Link, Jr., David McAdams, C.A. Ramsey, and Rappoport Studios.
|物理形態：||99 items (.2 lin. ft., 1 box) 55 photographic prints : silver gelatin, b&w ; 26 x 21 cm. or smaller. 3 photographic prints : silver gelatin, b&w ; 36 x 28 cm. or smaller. 20 photographic prints : silver gelatin, b&w ; 18 x 13 cm. or smaller. 16 photographic prints : col. ; 18 x 13 cm. or smaller. 1 photographic print : col. ; 26 x 21 cm. 1 scrapbook (26 photographic prints) : col. ; 23 x 33 cm. 1 negative : b&w ; 28 x 21 cm. 1 photomontage : photographic prints, ink ; 30 x 39 cm. 1 postcard : b&w ; 14 x 9 cm.|
|責任者：||John "Snookie" Walker.|
The collection consists of individual and group portraits of players and coaches; views of basketball games; and athletic award presentaions. Depicted are some of Walker's basketball teams, including Snookie's Sugar Bowl Five, the New York Rens, and several teams from the Biddy Basketball League of Metropolitan New York.
Other images include softball and swimming team portraits; an individual portrait of an unidentified member of the Globe Travellettes; exterior views of the Sugar Bowl Restaurant; a party honoring one of Walker's coaches, Roy "Lindy" Paige; Walker being presented as one of the recipients of the Youth Service Award by New York Governor Nelson Rockefeller (ca. 1959); a photomontage of the 1937 Shark Club swim team; assorted snapshots of family members, friends, associates, sporting events and awards banquets; and portraits of Walker and his family.
The collection also includes a scrapbook depicting a salute to Walker given at the Minisink Town House on April 20, 1985. Present at this event were the Reverends Calvin Butts and Wyatt T. Walker, New York City Clerk David Dinkins, several past members of Snookie's Sugar Bowl Five and the Harlem Globe Travellettes, past coaches, friends and family members.
- Walker, John Snookie.
- Walker, Wyatt Tee.
- Dinkins, David N.
- Butts, Calvin.
- Rockefeller, Nelson A. -- (Nelson Aldrich), -- 1908-1976.
- Sugar Bowl Restaurant (New York, N.Y.)
- Snookie's Sugar Bowl 5 (Basketball team)
- New York Renaissance (Basketball team)
- Biddy Basketball League of Metropolitan New York.
- African American athletes -- New York (State) -- New York.
- African American youth -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Athletic clubs -- New York (State) -- New York.
- African American basketball players -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Baseball for children -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Basketball -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Ceremonies -- Awards.
- Softball for children -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Swimming -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Youth league basketball -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Harlem (New York, N.Y.)
- Sports -- New York (State) -- New York -- 1950-1989.