Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Oliver Hazard Perry; John Bull; John Bull; Oliver Hazard Perry|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Leonard Deming; George Allin
|Notes:||Printed in two columns divided by line of barberpole type ornaments.
Internal evidence suggests imprint date.
At end of text: This and 300 other songs may be hand [sic] near the Old Market, Boston.
Above address is sometimes given on broadsides in connection with the bookseller Leonard Deming's name.
|Description:||Broadside ; 29 x 24 cm.|
|Contents:||Johnny Bull [First line: Sure, have you not heard of that pesky John Bull, sung to the tune Shamrock so green].--The battle of Lake Erie [First line: Sure wont you hear, what glory there, sung to the tune: Tid-re-i].|
|Other Titles:||Sure, wont you hear, what glory there.
Sure, have you not heard of that pesky John Bull.
Johnny Bull's big guns.
Battle of Lake Erie.
Shamrock so green (Tune)
- Perry, Oliver Hazard, -- 1785-1819.
- Bull, John.
- Lake Erie, Battle of, 1813 -- Poetry.
- United States -- History -- War of 1812 -- Causes -- Poetry.
- United States -- History -- War of 1812 -- Naval operations -- Poetry.
- Boston (Mass.) -- Old Market, near.
- Military operations, Naval.
- War -- Causes.
- United States.