|提及的人：||James Joseph Sylvester; James Joseph Sylvester|
Article from "Manuscripts" about James Joseph Sylvester, a Jewish professor who taught briefly at the University of Virginia before resigning over a problem with an obstructive student. He subsequently had a successful career at Johns Hopkins University and was known for his original mathematical work on the algebra of invariants which was later used in conjunction with others' work to lay the basis for the theory of relativity.
- Sylvester, James Joseph, -- 1814-1897.
- University of Virginia -- Faculty.
- University of Virginia -- History.
- Johns Hopkins University -- History.
- Jews -- Virginia -- Charlottesville.
- Johns Hopkins University.
- University of Virginia.
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty.
- Virginia -- Charlottesville.