Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||John Johnston; Walt Whitman; Walt Whitman; Horace Traubel; John Johnston; Horace Traubel; Walt Whitman|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
John Johnston; Bolton Museum and Art Gallery.; Microform Academic Publishers.
|Notes:||"Film no. R50031"
Dr. Johnston was a physician and friend of American poet Walt Whitman. He was prominent in literary circles in Bolton, England, and a founder of the Whitman Circle. This collection covers his varied intellectual, social, cultural, political and professional interests. Of particular significance are Johnston's notes on the poetry of Walt Whitman (1819-1892) and on his correspondence with Horace Traubel and others of Whitman's circle.
|Description:||15 microfilm reels ; 35 mm. + guide (13 p. ; 30 cm.).|
|Series Title:||British records relating to America in microform.|
- Johnston, John, -- 1852-1927 -- Archives.
- Whitman, Walt, -- 1819-1892 -- Societies, etc.
- Whitman, Walt, -- 1819-1892 -- Friends and associates.
- Bolton Whitman Fellowship (Bolton, Greater Manchester, England)
- Traubel, Horace, -- 1858-1919.
- Johnston, John, -- 1852-1927.
- Whitman, Walt, -- 1819-1892.