skip to content
Joining Forces : Making One Plus One Equal Three in Mergers, Acquisitions, and Alliances. Preview this item
ClosePreview this item
Checking...

Joining Forces : Making One Plus One Equal Three in Mergers, Acquisitions, and Alliances.

Author: Mitchell Lee Marks; Philip H Mirvis
Publisher: Hoboken : John Wiley & Sons, 2010.
Edition/Format:   eBook : Document : EnglishView all editions and formats
Database:WorldCat
Summary:
If 75 percent of all mergers fail, what makes the other 25 percent succeed?. Mergers, acquisitions, and alliances are more vital today than ever before in driving business success. This indispensible guide offers proven strategies and sound solutions to the multitude of integration issues that inevitably arise, and shows how to create a combined business that meets its strategic and financial objectives, competes  Read more...
Rating:

(not yet rated) 0 with reviews - Be the first.

Subjects
More like this

 

Find a copy online

Links to this item

Find a copy in the library

&AllPage.SpinnerRetrieving; Finding libraries that hold this item...

Details

Genre/Form: Electronic books
Additional Physical Format: Print version:
Marks, Mitchell Lee.
Joining Forces : Making One Plus One Equal Three in Mergers, Acquisitions, and Alliances.
Hoboken : John Wiley & Sons, Inc., ©2010
Material Type: Document, Internet resource
Document Type: Internet Resource, Computer File
All Authors / Contributors: Mitchell Lee Marks; Philip H Mirvis
ISBN: 9780470651261 0470651261 1282728776 9781282728776 9780470651254 0470651253
OCLC Number: 659500796
Description: 1 online resource (370 pages)
Contents: JOINING FORCES: Making One Plus One Equal Three in Mergers, Acquisitions, and Alliances; Contents; Preface; What This Book Is About; What's New in This Edition?; The Authors; Part One: Creating Value in Mergers, Acquisitions, and Alliances; Chapter One: The Elusive Equation; Chapter Two: What Goes Wrong and How to Make It Right; Part Two: The Precombination Phase; Chapter Three: Strategic and Operational Preparation; Chapter Four: Psychological Preparation; Part Three: The Combination Phase; Chapter Five: Leading the Combination. Chapter Six: Putting Companies Together: The Transition StructureChapter Seven: Managing People Through the Transition; Chapter Eight: Easing the Clash of Cultures; Part Four: The Postcombination Phase; Chapter Nine: Building the New Organization and Culture; Chapter Ten: Joining People and Teams Together; Chapter Eleven: Damage Control and Recovery; Part Five: Building M & A Competence; Chapter Twelve: Tracking and Learning from the Combination; Chapter Thirteen: Joining Forces.

Abstract:

If 75 percent of all mergers fail, what makes the other 25 percent succeed?. Mergers, acquisitions, and alliances are more vital today than ever before in driving business success. This indispensible guide offers proven strategies and sound solutions to the multitude of integration issues that inevitably arise, and shows how to create a combined business that meets its strategic and financial objectives, competes better, and offers personal and organizational enhancements. Dubbed "merger mavens" by Fortune magazine, the authors report lessons learned from their experience in over 100.

Reviews

User-contributed reviews
Retrieving GoodReads reviews...
Retrieving DOGObooks reviews...

Tags

Be the first.
Confirm this request

You may have already requested this item. Please select Ok if you would like to proceed with this request anyway.

Linked Data


Primary Entity

<http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/659500796> # Joining Forces : Making One Plus One Equal Three in Mergers, Acquisitions, and Alliances.
    a schema:Book, schema:MediaObject, schema:CreativeWork ;
   library:oclcnum "659500796" ;
   library:placeOfPublication <http://experiment.worldcat.org/entity/work/data/802872152#Place/hoboken> ; # Hoboken
   schema:about <http://dewey.info/class/658.162/> ;
   schema:about <http://experiment.worldcat.org/entity/work/data/802872152#Topic/business_&_economics_mergers_&_acquisitions> ; # BUSINESS & ECONOMICS--Mergers & Acquisitions
   schema:about <http://experiment.worldcat.org/entity/work/data/802872152#Topic/business_management> ; # Business--Management
   schema:about <http://id.worldcat.org/fast/842262> ; # Business
   schema:bookFormat schema:EBook ;
   schema:contributor <http://viaf.org/viaf/31095886> ; # Philip H. Mirvis
   schema:creator <http://experiment.worldcat.org/entity/work/data/802872152#Person/marks_mitchell_lee> ; # Mitchell Lee Marks
   schema:datePublished "2010" ;
   schema:description "JOINING FORCES: Making One Plus One Equal Three in Mergers, Acquisitions, and Alliances; Contents; Preface; What This Book Is About; What's New in This Edition?; The Authors; Part One: Creating Value in Mergers, Acquisitions, and Alliances; Chapter One: The Elusive Equation; Chapter Two: What Goes Wrong and How to Make It Right; Part Two: The Precombination Phase; Chapter Three: Strategic and Operational Preparation; Chapter Four: Psychological Preparation; Part Three: The Combination Phase; Chapter Five: Leading the Combination."@en ;
   schema:description "If 75 percent of all mergers fail, what makes the other 25 percent succeed?. Mergers, acquisitions, and alliances are more vital today than ever before in driving business success. This indispensible guide offers proven strategies and sound solutions to the multitude of integration issues that inevitably arise, and shows how to create a combined business that meets its strategic and financial objectives, competes better, and offers personal and organizational enhancements. Dubbed "merger mavens" by Fortune magazine, the authors report lessons learned from their experience in over 100."@en ;
   schema:exampleOfWork <http://worldcat.org/entity/work/id/802872152> ;
   schema:genre "Electronic books"@en ;
   schema:inLanguage "en" ;
   schema:isSimilarTo <http://worldcat.org/entity/work/data/802872152#CreativeWork/joining_forces_making_one_plus_one_equal_three_in_mergers_acquisitions_and_alliances> ;
   schema:name "Joining Forces : Making One Plus One Equal Three in Mergers, Acquisitions, and Alliances."@en ;
   schema:productID "659500796" ;
   schema:publication <http://www.worldcat.org/title/-/oclc/659500796#PublicationEvent/hoboken_john_wiley_&_sons_2010> ;
   schema:publisher <http://experiment.worldcat.org/entity/work/data/802872152#Agent/john_wiley_&_sons> ; # John Wiley & Sons
   schema:url <http://www.myilibrary.com?id=272877> ;
   schema:url <http://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/ucm/detail.action?docID=573819> ;
   schema:url <http://rbdigital.oneclickdigital.com> ;
   schema:url <http://www.myilibrary.com?id=272877&ref=toc> ;
   schema:url <http://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/columbia/detail.action?docID=573819> ;
   schema:workExample <http://worldcat.org/isbn/9780470651261> ;
   schema:workExample <http://worldcat.org/isbn/9781282728776> ;
   schema:workExample <http://worldcat.org/isbn/9780470651254> ;
   wdrs:describedby <http://www.worldcat.org/title/-/oclc/659500796> ;
    .


Related Entities

<http://experiment.worldcat.org/entity/work/data/802872152#Agent/john_wiley_&_sons> # John Wiley & Sons
    a bgn:Agent ;
   schema:name "John Wiley & Sons" ;
    .

<http://experiment.worldcat.org/entity/work/data/802872152#Person/marks_mitchell_lee> # Mitchell Lee Marks
    a schema:Person ;
   schema:familyName "Marks" ;
   schema:givenName "Mitchell Lee" ;
   schema:name "Mitchell Lee Marks" ;
    .

<http://experiment.worldcat.org/entity/work/data/802872152#Topic/business_&_economics_mergers_&_acquisitions> # BUSINESS & ECONOMICS--Mergers & Acquisitions
    a schema:Intangible ;
   schema:name "BUSINESS & ECONOMICS--Mergers & Acquisitions"@en ;
    .

<http://experiment.worldcat.org/entity/work/data/802872152#Topic/business_management> # Business--Management
    a schema:Intangible ;
   schema:name "Business--Management"@en ;
    .

<http://id.worldcat.org/fast/842262> # Business
    a schema:Intangible ;
   schema:name "Business"@en ;
    .

<http://viaf.org/viaf/31095886> # Philip H. Mirvis
    a schema:Person ;
   schema:familyName "Mirvis" ;
   schema:givenName "Philip H." ;
   schema:name "Philip H. Mirvis" ;
    .

<http://worldcat.org/entity/work/data/802872152#CreativeWork/joining_forces_making_one_plus_one_equal_three_in_mergers_acquisitions_and_alliances>
    a schema:CreativeWork ;
   rdfs:label "Joining Forces : Making One Plus One Equal Three in Mergers, Acquisitions, and Alliances." ;
   schema:description "Print version:" ;
   schema:isSimilarTo <http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/659500796> ; # Joining Forces : Making One Plus One Equal Three in Mergers, Acquisitions, and Alliances.
    .

<http://worldcat.org/isbn/9780470651254>
    a schema:ProductModel ;
   schema:isbn "0470651253" ;
   schema:isbn "9780470651254" ;
    .

<http://worldcat.org/isbn/9780470651261>
    a schema:ProductModel ;
   schema:isbn "0470651261" ;
   schema:isbn "9780470651261" ;
    .

<http://worldcat.org/isbn/9781282728776>
    a schema:ProductModel ;
   schema:isbn "1282728776" ;
   schema:isbn "9781282728776" ;
    .

<http://www.worldcat.org/title/-/oclc/659500796>
    a genont:InformationResource, genont:ContentTypeGenericResource ;
   schema:about <http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/659500796> ; # Joining Forces : Making One Plus One Equal Three in Mergers, Acquisitions, and Alliances.
   schema:dateModified "2017-09-02" ;
   void:inDataset <http://purl.oclc.org/dataset/WorldCat> ;
    .


Content-negotiable representations

Close Window

Please sign in to WorldCat 

Don't have an account? You can easily create a free account.