Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Joseph Girod; Nicolas Girod; Francis Girod; Girard family.|
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Joseph Girod; Just Touatre; Emile Sanjon
|Language Note:||In French.|
|Description:||588 items. 6 ms. v. 2 microfilm reels.|
Legal documents of the 1860s include items related to a lawsuit between the Board of Harbormasters of New Orleans and the Southern Steamship Company; articles of agreement pertaining to the estate of Nicolas Girod; and letters addressed to the president of the French Society of New Orleans. Business papers include bills, receipts, insurance policies, utilities statements, and tax receipts. Certificates of Redemption of forfeited lands (1866) record properties belonging to Joseph and Francis Girod.
Plantation journals kept by Joseph Girod (1838-1877) list expenses, accounts, and names and ages of slaves. A notebook contains sketches of properties bought and inherited by Girod family members. Manuscript volumes include a letter book (1825-1832). Genealogical notes on the Girod family are included.
- Girod, Joseph.
- Girod, Nicolas, -- 1747-1840.
- Girod, Francis.
- Board of Harbormasters (New Orleans, La.)
- Southern Steamship Company.
- Shipping -- Louisiana -- New Orleans.
- Harbors -- Louisiana -- New Orleans.
- Charitable bequests -- Louisiana -- New Orleans.
- Plantations -- Louisiana -- Saint Charles Parish.
- New Orleans (La.) -- History -- 19th century.
- Saint Charles Parish (La.) -- History -- 19th century.
- Mexico -- History -- European intervention, 1861-1867.
- Slaves -- Louisiana.
- Girard family.