|提及的人：||R D W Connor; E Merton Coulter; Charles William Dabney; Joseph Grégoire de Roulhac Hamilton; Albert Ray Newsome; David A Shepherd; James Sprunt; Louis Round Wilson|
Joseph Grégoire de Roulhac Hamilton
|注意：||In the Southern Historical Collection, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (#1743).|
|描述：||approximately 9500 items (25.5 linear ft.)|
The collection consists of of J.G. de Roulhac Hamilton's personal, family, and professional correspondence (except for his correspondence as chair of the History Department at the University of North Carolina and director of the Southern Historical Collection, which are held by the University Archives), 1885-1961; Hamilton's diaries, 1919, from when he served in the Army Educational Corps in France, and 1935-1949, which chiefly recount his extensive collecting trips around the South and his working and social life in Chapel Hill; nine scrapbooks, 1900-1961, on Hamilton, his academic and professional career, with some material relating to his military service during and after World War I and to the Southern Historical Collection; miscellaneous writings by Hamilton, many unpublished; and notes on Confederate generals. Frequent correspondents include James Sprunt; R.D.W. Connor, historian and from 1934 the first Archivist of the United States; Louis Round Wilson; historian E. Merton Coulter; David A. Shepherd, a fellow alumnus of the University of the South; A.R. Newsome; and Charles W. Dabney.
- Chapel Hill (N.C.) -- History.
- Chapel Hill (N.C.) -- Social life and customs.
- College teachers -- North Carolina -- History -- 20th century.
- Connor, R. D. W. -- (Robert Digges Wimberly), -- 1878-1950.
- Coulter, E. Merton -- (Ellis Merton), -- 1890-1981.
- Dabney, Charles William, -- 1855-1945.
- Families -- North Carolina -- Social life and customs.
- Generals -- Confederate States of America.
- Hamilton, Joseph Grégoire de Roulhac, -- 1878-1961.
- Historians -- North Carolina -- History.
- Newsome, Albert Ray, -- 1894-1951.
- North Carolina -- Social life and customs.
- Scrapbooks -- North Carolina.
- Shepherd, David A. -- (David Alexander)
- Sprunt, James, -- 1846-1924.
- University of North Carolina (1793-1962) -- Faculty -- History -- 20th century.
- University of North Carolina (1793-1962). -- Department of History.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. -- Library. -- Southern Historical Collection.
- Wilson, Louis Round, -- 1876-1979.