도서관에서 사본 찾기
해당항목을 보유하고 있는 도서관을 찾는 중
Notebooks, sketchbooks, etc
|명시된 사람:||Joseph M Toner; Alexander Anderson; Alexander Graham Bell; Stephen Bloomer Balch; Horace Bushnell; Salmon P Chase; Jonathan Cilley; Johann De Kalb; Frederick Douglass; Jacob Duché; Peggy Eaton; Pierre Charles L'Enfant; Etienne Esquirol; Patrick Ferguson; Andrew Jackson; Harriet Lane Johnston; Marie Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert Du Motier Lafayette, marquis de; Abraham Lincoln; Jacques Marquette; Daniel Morgan; Daniel O'Connell; Anne Newport Royall; Philip Henry Sheridan; James Smithson; Friedrich Wilhelm Ludolf Gerhard Augustin Steuben, Baron von; Thaddeus Stevens; George H Thomas; Charles Thomson; George Walker; George Washington|
|모든 저자 / 참여자:||
Joseph M Toner; David Graham Adee; Bill Arp; James Roosevelt Bayley; Jeremiah S Black; Henry I Bowditch; Benjamin F Butler; John S Carlile; John Duke Coleridge Coleridge, Baron; George Washington Parke Custis; Frederick Douglass; Ralph Waldo Emerson; E S Gaillard; Wade Hampton; Patrick Henry; Thomas Henry Huxley; Robert Green Ingersoll; Andrew Johnson; Charles Carter Lee; Richard Henry Lee; Thomas Ludwell Lee; Abraham Lincoln; John Marshall; Carlton McCarthy; William T Sherman; John Philip Sousa; J B Stallo; Benjamin Ogle Tayloe; George Alfred Townsend; John Tyler; Moses Van Campen; Edward Warren; Francis Wharton; Henry A Wise; Joseph Meredith Toner Collection (Library of Congress)
|메모:||The finding aid for this collection is organized by box and item numbers and includes information about each clipping, so far as it can be determined, as to the author of the article, the title of the article, the location of the newspaper (or magazine, etc.), the title of the newspaper (or magazine, etc.), the date of the article, whether illustrations are present, the genre of the article, and the general subject. The titles of the source newspapers, the date of publication and the city of publication from which the clippings in this collection are taken were, in most cases, indicated at the time these articles were cut out either by penciled inscriptions or by mounting the relevant information from the article. In many instances, the penciled inscription is unclear or smudged, or the mounted newspaper title is incomplete. When a likely transcription was possible, it was given. Uncertain transcriptions are given with question marks. When the inscription was completely illegible or indiscernible, no transcription was made and that information was left blank.
Among the many persons mentioned in the newspaper clippings, the following persons are mentioned in one or more articles (by way of anecdotes from their lives, biographical sketches, interviews, obituaries, or funeral orations, etc.): Alexander Anderson, Alexander Graham Bell, Stephen Bloomer Balch, Horace Bushnell, Salmon P. Chase, Jonathan Cilley, Johann De Kalb, Frederick Douglass, Jacob Duche, Peggy Eaton, Pierre Charles L'Enfant, Etienne Esquirol, Patrick Ferguson, Andrew Jackson, Harriet Lane Johnston, General Lafayette, Abraham Lincoln, Jacques Marquette, Daniel Morgan, Daniel O'Connell, Anne Newport Royall, Philip Henry Sheridan, James Smithson, Baron Friedrich von Steuben, Thaddeus Stevens, George Henry Thomas, Joseph M. Toner, George Walker. There are other articles of interest on journalism such as the Dec. 4, 1877 article from the Evening Star listing all the periodicals started in Washington D.C. from 1790 until 1877 as well as their editors [box 21, no. 3]; there is also the June 17, 1888 article from the Washington Post on the history of the National Republican newspaper from its start to its close [box 39, no. 11].
There were numerous speeches, letters, papers, or reminiscences, etc. given in the newspaper clippings. Those by the following persons appear in one or more articles: David Graham Adee, Bill Arp, James Roosevelt Bayley, Jeremiah Black, Henry I. Bowditch, James Buchanan, Benjamin F. Butler, John S. Carlile, Lord Chief Justice Coleridge, George Washington Parke Custis, Frederick Douglass, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Edwin S. Gaillard, Wade Hampton, Patrick Henry, Thomas Henry Huxley, Robert Green Ingersoll, Andrew Johnson, Charles Carter Lee, Richard Henry Lee, Thomas Ludwell Lee, James Jones Levick, Abraham Lincoln, John Marshall, Carlton McCarthy, William Sherman, John Philip Sousa, John B. Stallo, Benjamin Ogle Tayloe, Katherine E. Thomas, Joseph M. Toner, George Alfred Townsend, John Tyler, Moses Van Campen, Edward Warren, Francis Wharton, Henry A. Wise.
|설명:||892 items (39 boxes) : coats of arms, facsims., ill., maps, ports. ; 23 cm. or smaller.|
|다른 제목||Toner Excerpts
Evening star (Washington, D.C.)
National intelligencer (Washington, D.C. : 1810)
National Republican (Washington, D.C. : 1866)
Washington post (Washington, D.C. : 1974)
Washington chronicle (Washington, D.C. : 1838)
Critic (Richmond, Va.)
Washington star (Washington, D.C. : 1841)
Church news (Washington, D.C.)
World (New York, N.Y. : 1860 : Daily)
Boston evening transcript (Boston, Mass. : 1872)
Sunday herald (Washington, D.C. : 1866)
New-York tribune (New York, N.Y. : 1866 : Daily)
New York herald (New York, N.Y. : 1840)
Capital (Washington, D.C. : 1871)
Sun (Baltimore, Md. : 1837)
Times (Philadelphia, Pa. : 1875)
Sunday morning chronicle (Washington, D.C. : 1861)
Pittsburgh commercial gazette (Pittsburgh, Pa. : Daily)
Courier-journal (Louisville, Ky. : 1869 : Daily)
Chicago times (Chicago, Ill. : 1861)
Hartford courant (Hartford, Conn. : 1887)
Times (Richmond, Va.)
Includes items on art, biography, business, civic functions, education, government, history, law, medicine, places of interest, recreation, religion, and science.
- Toner, Joseph M. -- (Joseph Meredith), -- 1825-1896 -- Notebooks, sketchbooks, etc.
- American newspapers -- Washington (D.C.) -- Sources.
- Journalism -- Washington (D.C.) -- History -- Sources.
- Periodical editors -- Washington (D.C.) -- Sources.
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Sources.
- United States -- History -- War of 1812 -- Sources.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Sources.
- Washington (D.C.) -- Social life and customs.
- Washington (D.C.) -- Buildings, structures, etc.
- Church architecture -- Washington (D.C.)
- United States -- Church history -- 19th century.
- Anderson, Alexander, -- 1775-1870.
- Bell, Alexander Graham, -- 1847-1922.
- Balch, Stephen Bloomer, -- 1747-1833.
- Bushnell, Horace, -- 1802-1876.
- Chase, Salmon P. -- (Salmon Portland), -- 1808-1873.
- Cilley, Jonathan, -- 1802-1838.
- De Kalb, Johann, -- 1721-1780.
- Douglass, Frederick, -- 1818-1895.
- Duché, Jacob, -- 1738-1798.
- Eaton, Peggy, -- 1799?-1879.
- L'Enfant, Pierre Charles, -- 1754-1825.
- Esquirol, Etienne, -- 1772-1840.
- Ferguson, Patrick, -- 1744-1780.
- Jackson, Andrew, -- 1767-1845.
- Johnston, Harriet Lane, -- 1830-1903.
- Lafayette, Marie Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert Du Motier, -- marquis de, -- 1757-1834.
- Lincoln, Abraham, -- 1809-1865.
- Marquette, Jacques, -- 1637-1675.
- Morgan, Daniel, -- 1736-1802.
- O'Connell, Daniel, -- 1775-1847.
- Royall, Anne Newport, -- 1769-1854.
- Sheridan, Philip Henry, -- 1831-1888.
- Smithson, James, -- 1765-1829.
- Steuben, Friedrich Wilhelm Ludolf Gerhard Augustin, -- Baron von, -- 1730-1794.
- Stevens, Thaddeus, -- 1792-1868.
- Thomas, George H. -- (George Henry), -- 1816-1870.
- Thomson, Charles, -- 1729-1824.
- Walker, George, -- approximately 1752-approximately 1817.
- Washington, George, -- 1732-1799.