|提及的人：||Joseph Papp; William Shakespeare; William Shakespeare; Edwin Booth; Colleen Dewhurst; George C Scott; James Earl Jones; Raul Julia; Kevin Kline; Christopher Walken; John Gielgud|
Joseph Papp; City University of New York. Graduate School and University Center. Doctoral Theatre Students Association. Edwin Booth Award.
|注意：||This video separated from the New York Shakespeare Festival collection, *T-Mss 1993-028.
Papp's talk begins at 11:00; Q & A begins at 40:00.
|表演者：||Award recipient: Joseph Papp and the New York Shakespeare Festival.|
|製作註解：||Videotaped at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York, N.Y. on April 24, 1989.|
|描述：||1 videocassette (VHS) (63 min.) : sd., col.; 1/2 in.|
|叢書名：||Joseph Papp Public Theater/New York Shakespeare Festival Moving Image Collection|
|其他題名：||1989 Edwin Booth Award
7th annual Edwin Booth Award
|責任：||[presented by] the Doctoral Theatre Students Association of the Graduate Center of the City University of New York.|
Papp delivers a talk on modern productions of Shakespeare discussing Edwin Booth's contribution to American Shakespearean drama; the formation of his first Shakespearean workshop at the Emmanuel Presbyterian Church; the qualities of speech and acting which define modern productions of Shakespeare; his establishment of an American acting company for the production of Shakespeare; Shakespeare's language in comparison with the everyday language of Elizabethan England; Booth's diction and delivery of Shakespeare; the qualities of speech and the acting styles of various American and British Shakespearean actors, including Colleen Dewhurst, George C., Scott, James Earl Jones, Raul Julia, Kevin Kline, Christopher Walken and Sir John Gielgud; and what he seeks to achieve on stage via his modern productions of Shakespeare. In the question and answer session which follows, Papp discusses Shakespeare's roles for women; editing and cutting Shakespeare's text for stage productions; reading Shakespeare versus seeing the plays performed; his favorite and most memorable lines from Shakespeare, and his favorite plays.
- Papp, Joseph -- Awards.
- Shakespeare, William, -- 1564-1616 -- Language.
- Shakespeare, William, -- 1564-1616 -- Dramatic production.
- Booth, Edwin, -- 1833-1893 -- Language.
- Dewhurst, Colleen -- Language.
- Scott, George C., -- 1927-1999. -- Language.
- Jones, James Earl -- Language.
- Julia, Raul -- Language.
- Kline, Kevin -- Language.
- Walken, Christopher, -- 1943- -- Language.
- Gielgud, John, -- 1904-2000 -- Language.
- City University of New York. -- Graduate School and University Center. -- Doctoral Theatre Students Association. -- Edwin Booth Award.
- New York Shakespeare Festival Public Theater.
- Theatrical producers and directors -- Awards.
- Theater -- New York (State) -- New York -- Awards.
- Awards -- 1981-1900.