Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Speeches, addresses, etc., American
|Named Person:||Evelina Foster McCauley Daniels; Josephus Daniels; Josephus Daniels; Josephus Daniels; Addie Worth Bagley Daniels; Belle Worth Bagley; David Worth Bagley; Ethel Bagley; Josephus Daniels; Josephus Daniels; Robert Coleman Foster; Ephraim Hubbard Foster; Cornelia G Littlefield; Martha E Bradford Foster; Evelina Foster; Evelina Foster; Foster family.; Daniels family.|
|Document Type:||Book, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Josephus Daniels; Evelina Foster McCauley Daniels
|Description:||9 cubic ft. (23 letter boxes and 5 flat boxes)|
Unofficial diplomatic diaries and papers of Josephus Daniels, Sr. (1933-1941) includes a private, unofficial diary meant for the eyes of his children relating his life as ambassador to Mexico; together with a few dispatches, partial file of speeches, some White House correspondence of a personal nature, and newspaper clippings and Mexican newspapers. Business papers (1920-1942) include notes payable and stocks in various corporations including Boylan Pearce Co., Capital Construction Company, Herb Juice Medicine Co., Industrial Bank, and Raleigh Building and Loan Association; partial files concerning the estates of Belle Worth Bagley (1939), David Worth Bagley (1960), Ethel Bagley (1939), and Josephus Daniels, Jr. (1964); and papers relating to real property and insurance. Miscellaneous papers include correspondence and papers relating to the 1926 wedding of Josephus Daniels and Evelina Foster McCauley and to the funerals of her aunt, Evelina Foster (1929), father-in-law, Josephus Daniels, Sr. (1948), and husband, Josephus Daniels (1964); together with various greeting cards.
Foster family papers (1828-1924) are basically the papers (1828-1864) of Evelina Daniels' grandfather, Robert C. Foster, of Nashville, Tenn., as a child, a young man, and an officer during the Mexican War, and include letters to Foster from his father, Sen. Ephraim Hubbard Foster, and some from Mrs. Cornelia G. Littlefield (daughter of Gen. Nathanael Greene); letters (1874-1924) addressed to Martha E. Bradford Foster, her daughter Evelina Foster, and her grandaughter Evelina Foster McCauley; and a Mexican War pay roll and Mexican War bounty land papers for Tennessee soldiers. Also includes tintypes and photographs of the Foster and Daniels families and diplomas of Evelina Foster McCauley Daniels.
- Daniels, Evelina Foster McCauley, -- 1898-1990.
- Daniels, Josephus, -- 1894-1964.
- Daniels, Josephus, -- 1894-1964 -- Death and burial.
- Daniels, Josephus, -- 1862-1948 -- Correspondence.
- Daniels, Addie Worth Bagley, -- 1896-1943 -- Correspondence.
- United States -- Foreign relations -- Mexico.
- Mexico -- Foreign relations -- United States.
- United States -- Foreign relations -- 1933-1945.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- North Carolina -- Raleigh.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States.
- United States. -- Marine Corps -- Recruiting, enlistment, etc.
- United States. -- Marine Corps Reserve.
- Advertising, Newspaper -- North Carolina -- Raleigh.
- Raleigh (N.C.) -- Newspapers.
- Carolinas Advertising Executives Association.
- North Carolina Press Association.
- Southern Newspaper Publishers Association.
- Charities -- North Carolina -- Raleigh.
- Civic improvement -- North Carolina -- Raleigh.
- Boylan Pearce Co.
- Capital Construction Company.
- Herb Juice Medicine Co.
- Industrial Bank (Raleigh, N.C.)
- Raleigh Building and Loan Association.
- Bagley, Belle Worth, -- d. 1939 -- Estate.
- Bagley, David Worth, -- 1883-1960 -- Estate.
- Bagley, Ethel, -- d. 1939 -- Estate.
- Real property -- North Carolina.
- Insurance -- North Carolina.
- Weddings -- United States.
- Daniels, Josephus, -- 1894-1964 -- Estate.
- Daniels, Josephus, -- 1862-1948 -- Death and burial.
- Foster, Robert Coleman, -- 1825-1879 -- Correspondence.
- Foster, Ephraim Hubbard, -- 1794-1854 -- Correspondence.
- Mexican War, 1846-1848.
- Littlefield, Cornelia G. -- (Cornelia Greene) -- Correspondence.
- Foster, Martha E. Bradford -- Correspondence.
- Foster, Evelina, -- d. 1929 -- Correspondence.
- Foster, Evelina, -- d. 1929 -- Death and burial.
- Bounties, Military -- Tennessee.
- Land tenure -- Tennessee.
- American Legion.
- Foster family.
- Daniels family.
- Diplomatic and consular service, American -- Mexico.
- News and observer (Raleigh, N.C.)