Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Early works to 1800
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Journal of a lady of quality.
New Haven, Yale University Press, 1921
|Named Person:||Janet Schaw; Janet Schaw; Janet Schaw|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Janet Schaw; Evangeline Walker Andrews; Charles McLean Andrews; Frederick John Kingsbury Memorial Fund.; National Society of the Colonial Dames of America in the State of North Carolina.; British Museum.
|Notes:||Maps on lining-papers.
"Published from the income of the Frederick John Kingsbury memorial fund in conjunction with the North Carolina society of the colonial dames of America."
"The manuscript from which the present text is printed is known as Egerton 2423, and is ... in the British museum."--Page .
|Description:||341 pages : facsimiles, maps, plans ; 23 cm.|
|Contents:||The voyage to the West Indies --
Antigua and St. Christopher --
Residence in North Carolina --
Sojourn to Lisbon --
Appendices: The highland emigration ; The Martin family ; "Olivees" and the Hamiltons ; Brunswick ; Description of North Carolina ; Wilmington ; James Innes and Francis Corbin ; James Murray and John Rutherford ; The Rutherford children ; The children's inheritance ; A group of provincial leaders ; A few North Carolina loyalists ; Archibald Neilson ; Captain John Abraham Collet.
|Series Title:||Yale historical publications., Manuscripts and edited texts ;, 6.|
|Responsibility:||edited by Evangeline Walker Andrews, in collaboration with Charles McLean Andrews.|
- Schaw, Janet, -- approximately 1731-approximately 1801 -- Diaries.
- Schaw, Janet, -- approximately 1731-approximately 1801 -- Travel.
- Scots -- Diaries.
- Women travelers -- Diaries.
- North Carolina -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.
- West Indies -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.
- Lisbon (Portugal) -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.
- Schaw, Janet, -- approximately 1731-approximately 1801.
- Women travelers.
- North Carolina.
- Portugal -- Lisbon.
- West Indies.