Records and correspondence
Steinbeck, John, 1902-1968.
Journal of a novel.
New York, Viking Press 
|提及的人：||John Steinbeck; John Steinbeck; John Steinbeck; John Steinbeck|
|描述：||ix, 182 pages facsimiles (on lining papers) 22 cm|
"Each working day from January 29 to November 1, 1951, John Steinbeck warmed up to the work of writing East of Eden with a letter to the late Pascal Covici, his friend and editor at The Viking Press. It was his way, he said, of 'getting my mental arm in shape to pitch a good game.' Steinbeck's letters were written on the left-hand pages of a notebook in which the facing pages would be filled with the text of East of Eden. They touched on many subjects--story arguments, trial flights of workmanship, concern for his sons. Part autobiography, part writer's workshop, these letters offer an illuminating perspective on Steinbeck's creative process, and a fascinating glimpse of Steinbeck, the private man."--Book description, Amazon.com.
- Steinbeck, John, -- 1902-1968. -- East of Eden.
- Steinbeck, John, -- 1902-1968 -- Diaries.
- Steinbeck, John, -- 1902-1968 -- Correspondence.
- Novelists, American -- 20th century -- Diaries.
- Novelists, American -- 20th century -- Correspondence.
- Fiction -- Authorship.
- East of Eden (Steinbeck)
- Steinbeck, John, -- 1902-1968.
- East of Eden (Steinbeck, John)
- Novelists, American.